speakeruser101

Signal Crossing CE 2000

Hello, I have the CE 2000, Using a Mackie 18 channel sound board. And using EV Eliminators mains (2) (Crossing over the signal w/ a crossover) and a EV Eliminator Subwoofer. I am using channel one for high's and med and channel two for my subwoofer. I am using Speakon cables (Monster) My signal is crossing, when I turn up channel one the mains are on and just high's and that all I want it to have, but when I turn on channel two the mains also turn up and it makes them peak (LOW SIGNALS), but the subwoofer is fine. If I unplug the mains the subwoofer works fine, but when I have the mains and the subwoofer on, there's a problem. There is no hum, cause of the Monster cables. But I have had this problem in the past, every time I take down my system this happens. I am a DJ and thats a problem cause I frequently take the system apart. I have tried every possible way I can think of. I just did a gig like 4 days ago and it was fine. So if anybody has any idea PLEASE REPLY!!!! Thank You!!

DGlass    0

First thing to check for is if the amplifier is in two channel mode not Bridge-Mono. Then I would check your speaker cable connections as the channel 1 SpeakOn connector also has channel two on the 2+ and - pins. Make sure all your speaker cables are only using the 1+ and 1- pins in the SpeakOn connectors.

If your cable(s) are miss-wired or you are using a 4 conductor speaker cable it is possible for both channels of the amp to get to the speakers that are attached to the amplifier's channel 1 output. With 4 conductor speaker cable depending on how the pins in the speaker's SpeakOn connector is wired channel 2 could then get into the speakers. :(