stanley    0

hi all ,,, friend of my got xls 1000 amp from usa (110v) ,plug it in eu mains 230 v :blink: and blow smps any idea where to start checking and where to get schematics thanks all :D

dakos    0

OMG... Not even gonna ask why... I'm not sure but it seems to me once you open the amp, you'll know where to start. Are you also looking to convert the SMPS from 110V to 230V?

joust    0

Hey Stanley,

In the event of the smps having a catastrophic fault :

The iGBTs must be blown : The four Q9xx transistors are the current buffers for the gate drive of the iGBTs. If the transistors have become faulty and shorted, the modulator U902 may have to be replaced, at the same time. Note : If you still have a fault when you power up, you will destroy the iGBTs again. Beware!

Q902, 905 : 142033-1 XTOR, PNP 20V 2A NSS20200L SOT-23

Q901, 904 : 142034-1 XTOR, NPN 20V 2A NSS20201L SOT-23

Alain

joust    0

I can't really say how it would go; SMPS with variac is not 'recommended' or will not work reliably. A lot of these smps circuits have a low AC voltage protection (90-100VAC) detector that may prohibit the use of a variac. The way to go is to repair the smps circuit without the iGBTs installed, verify that the modulator (FAN7387 device) is actually modulating by scoping the 'gate' signal. If both phases appear coherent, then the IGBTs can be installed.

Note : The actual SMPS reference (V_BULKRET) is NOT ground. You will need to decouple the scope's ground from the AC ground or use an isolation transformer. To verify the modulator's gate signal, you will have to reference the device to the 'bottom' side of the device and its 'gate'.

Alain

stanley    0

yes igbts are gone and fan7387 is dead 2 ,also resistor r913 blows witch is 10 ohm but i have no idea what power is it also what power is r951-r906 (82k) (i have no schematics ) thank u very much

stanley    0

this amp is on 120 v and was pluged in to 240v thats why shee blow smps so there i couple resistors and jumper to change to be work on 240v but is 2 options to put amp in to sml and med mode so i have no idea what is that mean :D

joust    0

I received an answer from Crown : Basically it means the product's designation :

SML : XLS1000; MED : XLS1500; etc.

There are two more designations : Large : XLS2000 and Extra Large : XLS2500

Hope this helps!

Alain

joust    0

Wow! A lot of stuff happened during my vacation!

Yes! Of course I'm pleased! But I'm quite sure that Stanley is more pleased than me! :lol:

A.