stanley    0

hi i have xti 4000 amp power up and all leds stay on on the front panel and no sound any idea how to fix? and second xti 4000 is complete dead

joust    0

Hello Stanley,

The first XTI seems to have hanged right in the middle of booting up!

Open the top cover and locate what we call the 'heartbeat' monitor LED (E1). It is located just next to U1 and above Y1 (the oscillator). Disconnect the display board from the main board. Now, power up : The heartbeat monitor should light up, you can now hear a few realys clicking and after a few more seconds the led monitor should now start to blink at a 1 Hz rate. When it starts blinking, the display board should be normal.

To determine if the display board is at fault, another test that you can do is to swap the display module from the other problematic amp and see how it responds.

As for the other XTI4000,go back and follow a few of my postings in regards to XTI repairs. You'll find enough information there to evaluate quite comfortably the issue with the amp!

If you need further information, I'll be there to help you out.

Have a great week-end!

Alain

stanley    0

find problem amplifier output transistors short :( ,,,,,,,,,,,, second amp with boot up problem sorted i change capacitors c1 and c62 at xtal and capacitor c261 at reset i dont know witch was faulty i change all 3 at same time and amp will boot up and works normaly first amp will be the problem i change faulty output stages and mje15033 (...32) and resistors r 147/148 (q113 /q112 are ok ) amp will but up and after 20 second q115 explode :( have u any solution?

joust    0

You forgot just one thing : verify the diode string located between the heatsinks : You'll probably find them shorted also. There is a 100R resistor in parallel with the diode string : Usually I'll find it good! Did you verify the Tracker module? I've had shorted Tracker fets when the output fails. Also, verify the bias transistor, located beneath the heatsink.

Alain

joust    0

Stan, unfortunately, I'm from Canada. There should be a local authorized Crown repair service center in your friendly neighborhood!

Anyone?

A.

stanley    0

no body wants fix this amp :( so can u tell me what elese i have to check ? bias transistors ok diodes are gone (d187-190) fets in tracker gone 340ohm resistors gone , mje 150... gone and one mj 21194 in one chanel and one 21193 in second channel thank u very much

joust    0

I'm sorry to hear this! Well, you got most of the things right :

I would suggest to investigate, locate and remove any faulty or probable cause component. Don't install any new component now!

Verify and replace any faulty Tracker module : I suggest to purchase the Tracker module; Don't attempt to repair them : The Silpad is not available. The Tracker is not that expensive;

Verify and replace any faulty output device with heatsink; You could try to replace individual defective devices : Though, the two part heatsink is difficult to put back together;

Verify and replace any faulty driver;

Verify and replace any faulty diode string : Re-install new diodes now;

Verify and replace any faulty bias transistor Reinstall new bias trans. now;

Verify and replace open R146 or 246 : Re-install now;

Install new components;

Verify the left hand cover screw : If the screw aligns and makes contact with the Ch2 heatsink, I would recommend to replace the current screw by a shorter screw.

Power up. It should power up normally. If not, verify the SMPS.

Hope this helps!

A.

joust    0

Did I mention R146?!? It should have been R148; It is located right (no, left!) next to Q115 (MJE15032) and Q113. It's a 340 ohm resistor. This resistor goes out often when the driver fails. The other resistor is R256 (340 ohms), located pretty much like the other resistor (next to Q133).

A.

stanley    0

very bad crown support and service in europe i did contact crown repair centres in uk and czech republic and i didn get any reply from them :wacko:

stanley    0

hi im back again any idea how to set bias ? and what is the latest firmware for xti 4000 and xti 6000 and where to download hiqnet link is not works thank u very much

joust    0

Hello Stanley,

The bias situation with the XTi module is very rugged. I don't verify bias on XTI amps at all.

Alain

Govind    0

hi,

im new to the forums, first time im having problems with my crown. i bought two XTI4000 in 2012. both have worked well since, i use them both for recreational purposes. recently i powered up both and sound came out only one. the amp powers up, i hear the relays click but no sound comes out. the signal LED blinks. i opened it up and the LED on the mainboard next to the oscillator blinks roughly every second. any way to tell whats going on here? the amp was used to play four 6" eighteen sound for hi mid in 4ohm stereo, the DSP off. all help will be thankful.

joust    0

I'm not sure I understand all you're describing :

Power up : Relays click and 'heartbeat' monitor should light up (constant), for about 10 seconds (fw. 1.1.1.5 +) and then, will start to flash at about .5 to 1Hz (as you mention). If the heartbeat is beating (flashing), the amp should be able to deliver sound.

Verify the display module : the display module's connector should be whitish not grey; Do you still have backlight on the display? Also, Ready indicators should be lit.

If you have a grey display module connector and no backlight, then I suggest to replace the display module.

Verify the other amp's display module : If the connector is also grey, then I would suggest to replace this module too.

Note : Since you have a good display with the second unit, it shouldn't be hard to swap the whole front assembly from one unit to the other.

A good display module should have p/n 138911-5; Other than this p/n, replace display module.

Regards,

Alain

Govind    0

Hi,

I swapped out the working front module from the working unit into the no sound one and still no sound at the output. I placed the suspected front module into the working unit and it worked. Both modules are whitish in color. I left the suspected module in the working unit. In the other unit with no sound at the output, the led flashes as you described, I'm clueless as Whats happening here. I verified signal and cables and the speaker all are working with the other unit.i have backlight, and the ready light lights. The signal light flashes with signal but no sound.