Sign in to follow this  
Firdy74

XTi 4002 No Audio Channel 1

Firdy74    0

I have a XTi 4002 and I get no audio out of channel 1. Channel 2 works fine, I switched the inputs for channel 1 and 2 and still nothing. Any ideas on what could cause this issue?

joust    0

Troubleshooting :

Make sure that the XTI has the 'DSP OFF' preset selected with no configuration settings.

Power up the amp : After a few moments (boot-up), you should have only the Ready indicators on.

Power down; Connect stereo/dual signal source wires to the XTI; Also, connect a pair of speakers to the XTI;

Power up : Apply some signal to both inputs of the XTI :

- The Signal indicators should now lit;

- Increase the level controls to a satisfactory listening level;

- You should have sound coming through both speakers.

If not : You should have only one side (one speaker) operating;

Confirm that both Signal levels are modulating the level indicators;

If not : Swap input connections : Did the signal switch side?

If so, verify cables and signal source;

If the signal didn't switch side : swap speaker connections; Did the signal switch side?

If so, verify the speaker, speaker wires and connections;

If not, the amplifier may be at fault. Bring it back to your authorized Crown dealer for service.

Alain

Firdy74    0

Alain,

Thanks for your advise.

But still no audio at channel 1, i try to change configuration selected to Y channel, i have sound at channel 1 and when back to selected Stereo/Dual Channel, channel 1 go back "No Sound".

joust    0

At this point in time, I would suggest that you get in touch with your local Crown support center and have the amp looked at;

I believe you have a problem with the Ch1 preamp : The 'Y' selection is made at the DSP, not in the preamp; Since you have signal on Ch2, I suspect the 'Y' configuration in the DSP engaged Ch1 with Ch2 signal.

Test : Have two different signals applied to Ch1 and Ch2. Select 'Y' and now listen to Ch1 and Ch2 : I suspect you will hear on Ch1 what was applied to Ch2 and the Ch1 signal isn't heard at all in Ch2.

Note : It is possible that the Ch1 level control may be faulty, hence the missing levels.

Alain