NeilS

XTI 4002 - Stereo Mode: Ch 2 Signal Meter Shows Activity with No Input or Output Connected

NeilS    0

I apologize if this issue has been answered elsewhere. If it has, I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to those posts.

In stereo mode, when I connect a signal to just the channel 1 input and channel 1 output is connected to an 8 ohm speaker – not only does the channel 1 signal meter on the front of the amp show activity – but the channel 2 signal meter (with gain level off) also illuminates – without any channel 2 input or output connections. The amount of signal activity on the channel 2 meter seems to match the channel 1 meter. This happens on both new amps.

Then, I made the same connections on channel 2.

I turned the gain down on channel 1 and just using the channel 2 input and output –only the channel 2 meter illuminates and shows activity – the channel 1 meter did not show any signal activity.

In stereo mode, with the channel 2 gain level off, why would the channel 2 signal meter show the same signal activity as channel 1, with no channel 2 input or output connections?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

Neil

NeilS    0

Hi,

Crown just notified me that there is a firmware bug that causes the channel 2 meter to show activity with no input or output connections.

The issue will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

Neil