Sign in to follow this  
danrees

k2 bridged

Kevin Heber    0

Damping factor is load impedance divided by output impedance. Since only one stage at any given time is actually conducting, the damping factor won't be changed in bridge mode.

Replacing the pots isn't too difficult. The faceplate needs to be backed out in order to get to the pots.

Deromax    0
Damping factor is load impedance divided by output impedance. Since only one stage at any given time is actually conducting, the damping factor won't be changed in bridge mode.

Replacing the pots isn't too difficult. The faceplate needs to be backed out in order to get to the pots.

I'd object to that Kevin! :unsure: In a bridged amp, both channels output circuits are placed in serie with the load (which become floating instead of grounded) and conducts simultaneously but in opposing polarity. Hence, the Zout is twice that of one channel and the subsequent damping factor is halved, for a similar load.

Kevin Heber    0

Hmmm, I was picturing it like a Class B stage where only one device is conducting at a time. You're probably more correct.

Personally I think damping factor is a wash at anything in the 3 digit range or above.