benjamb2

right amp for vrx918 subs

benjamb2    0

Right now i have 2 vrx918s subs and i am needing to power them well. i have a rmx2450 from qsc bridged to 4 ohms and getting 2400watts. this is just going to damage the subs. i want to try to use the xti2's but not sure if i should do 1 4002 or 2 2002. either way it would be bridged mono but the 4002 would be running at 4 ohm. and the 2002 would be at 8. what would the better choice be? are there any better options that i am not looking at?

tlureman    0

I would go with 2x XTi2002's. It is easier on an amp to run an 8ohm load than it is to run a 4ohm load. Also, many times speakers have a tendency to go below nominal impedance at certain frequency ranges, meaning it wouldn't be uncommon for the parallel pair to go below 4ohms.

mixwiz    0

I've been running my SRX 718S (same driver as your box) with an XLS2500 bridged and it works really well. On several occassions, I ran a second sub and it worked fine.

A couple times were outdoor gigs in 90 degree heat. Application was live music with mostly Kik and a little bass in the subs.