juan_g

Crown XLS802 incorrect voltage problem

juan_g    0

Hi guys,

I purchased a Crown XLS802D from the U.S. and i live in Australia. The crown amplifier I purchased runs off 120VAC 60Hz and in Australia our power outlets supply 240VAC 50Hz.

I noticed that the specs say "AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (± 10%)"

then it has:

120VAC 60Hz

100VAC 50/60 Hz

220 VAC 50Hz

230-240 VAC 50 Hz

Does anyone know how to do this configuration?

or perhaps any suggestions?

Thanks.

Juan

bobbysdad    0

There's a XLS Series manual here: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/133465old.pdf

but it doesn't include the 802. Only up to 602.

If you d/l it and check Fig 4.2 that might give you a clue, IF you have the same Power fitting.

Can't hurt to check it out.

I have a feeling that the voltage selector is hidden under that rectangular cover just below the socket.

G.

juan_g    0
There's a XLS Series manual here: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/133465old.pdf

If you d/l it and check Fig 4.2 that might give you a clue, IF you have the same Power fitting.

I have a feeling that the voltage selector is hidden under that rectangular cover just below the socket.

G.

Thank you for ur reply,

I checked it out and unfortunately the XLS 802 is different and does not have that rectangular cover thing below where the 602 does, instead there is a circuit breaker button below the IEC on the 802.

I'm quite sure you would be correct tho if it were XLS 602. I think my chances are starting to run slim, I can't find any info on it. I'm thinking maybe the circuit breaker replaces the selector

on the 802 and perhaps there is no selector. Hmm, I hope I didn't just blow my money away. I'll keep searching for info, otherwise I'll have to start thinking what else I can do.

but thank you again.

sharkmon    0

G.

Thank you for ur reply,

I checked it out and unfortunately the XLS 802 is different and does not have that rectangular cover thing below where the 602 does, instead there is a circuit breaker button below the IEC on the 802.

I'm quite sure you would be correct tho if it were XLS 602. I think my chances are starting to run slim, I can't find any info on it. I'm thinking maybe the circuit breaker replaces the selector

on the 802 and perhaps there is no selector. Hmm, I hope I didn't just blow my money away. I'll keep searching for info, otherwise I'll have to start thinking what else I can do.

but thank you again.

sharkmon    0

G.

Thank you for ur reply,

but thank you again.

The only way to change the voltage will be to replace the power transformer. Last I knew the Crown parts department was stocking some of the higher input voltage ones. If you get a new transformer just put in the new one exactly like the old one. Hold on to the old one because there is a real good chance that there are next to none of those left in the world. http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/style_ima...icons/icon1.gif

bobbysdad    0

Jeez, that's bad news then..... :(

If you find yourself in a hole, I've got a Macro Tech MA2401 (Export model set for 240V) in Melbourne I'm thinking about letting go.

I was going to use it at home, but it's just overkill.

G.