Nay-Sayer

CE2000 Problem

Nay-Sayer    0

This amp powers up fine and without issue when no speakers are connected to it's outputs. However, with speakers connected, the fault lights blink continuously. Speakers and speaker wires were tested good on another amp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

tcko    0
This amp powers up fine and without issue when no speakers are connected to it's outputs. However, with speakers connected, the fault lights blink continuously. Speakers and speaker wires were tested good on another amp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What I'm thinking is that after so many clips that the relay gets weak and can be tripped with any tiny signal, I have a CE1000 just started doing the same thing and I'm wondering why you haven't received any answer yet?

Lou    0

I agree with Kevywevywho.

Get a VOM and check for DC on the speaker terminals without a speaker connected.

It should read zero or very very low.

tlureman    0

Hmm it's hard to say, but generally when fault lights are continuously on, there is an internal fault in the unit and would need to be looked at. When no speakers are connected and signal is applied to the input, do the fault lights come on? When speakers are connected with no signal on the input, do the fault lights come on? Is the amp in bridge or dual mode?