ballroomdancer

MA 36X12 and DriveRack 260 or PA

DGlass    0

You will probably have to check with dbx on how to do this exactly but the MA36x12 had a MA3600 output for channel 1 and a MA1200 output for channel 2. The dbx would have to be configured the same way with settings for the MA3600 on one output and settings for a MA1200 on the other.

ray fishel    0

I've never noticed the 260 listing amps. I've only seen them list speaker models.

Anyway, since the 260 has 6 outputs, I would send them out one to one to the amp channels.

I've never used the installed programs on the 260 as I've always found it easier to simply create what I'm needing.

I'll assume you don't know how to program this thing.

Connect to your unit with the supplied crossover serial cable.

If you are going stereo then the input needs to have it's processing ganged together.

First, push the Configure button on the right side of the GUI.

Make the two blocks that you want to link the same thing by right clicking and selecting. Then highlight both of them by clicking with the control key pushed. Then right click again and select Link. Experiment with the right click because that's pretty much how you make changes. If the right click menu doesn't pop up, you aren't in the configure mode.

ON the output side, right click again and select 2 way crossovers. Then put in any other processing you want to use. The choices are limited however.

ONce you are set up then you need to hit Configure again to get out of that mode. Then hit Store and name your preset and give it a number. Then hit Load to send it to your 260. Once it's loaded, you make your adjustments like crossover points, eq and such while online. Once you have that done hit store again and load it back to your 260. If you don't store it a 2nd time, you will lose your settings once you power the unit off.

Good luck.

DGlass    0
I've never noticed the 260 listing amps. I've only seen them list speaker models.

Anyway, since the 260 has 6 outputs, I would send them out one to one to the amp channels.

I've never used the installed programs on the 260 as I've always found it easier to simply create what I'm needing.

I'll assume you don't know how to program this thing.

Connect to your unit with the supplied crossover serial cable.

If you are going stereo then the input needs to have it's processing ganged together.

First, push the Configure button on the right side of the GUI.

Make the two blocks that you want to link the same thing by right clicking and selecting. Then highlight both of them by clicking with the control key pushed. Then right click again and select Link. Experiment with the right click because that's pretty much how you make changes. If the right click menu doesn't pop up, you aren't in the configure mode.

ON the output side, right click again and select 2 way crossovers. Then put in any other processing you want to use. The choices are limited however.

ONce you are set up then you need to hit Configure again to get out of that mode. Then hit Store and name your preset and give it a number. Then hit Load to send it to your 260. Once it's loaded, you make your adjustments like crossover points, eq and such while online. Once you have that done hit store again and load it back to your 260. If you don't store it a 2nd time, you will lose your settings once you power the unit off.

Good luck.

Both the DRP and the 260 have a section in the Wizard for selecting an amplifier that the dbx units outputs will be driving. From this window the amplifier sensitivity setting can be selected (if applicable). The DRPA will also give you the approximate front panel level attenuator setting, to balance the system, based on the speakers selected.