mike

System Architect file looses Device Address 4 cts

mike    0

Once I save a file in System Architect using version 1.20 and then re-open the same file, the dvice addresses are reset to default addresses. This only happens with my CTs amplifiers in a dataframe that contains both iTechs and CTs amps. Any advice?

mike    0
Hi Mike-

I can not recreate your problem here. Are you sure that you do not have two devices set to the same address?

5029[/snapback]

Fairly sure..... I can send you one of my files and you can see if it opens with the device id's reset. Normally, I set my id's to the last two octets of my ip range (10.244.80.20 id would be 8020, etc), when I save the file and reopen it, the id's are set to 1,2,3,etc. Does that make sense?

This did not start until the 1.20 version of System Architect was installed.

Hi Mike-

I got your file, and we found the problem. The reason is that the HiQnet addresses are above 60000. We reserve those addresses for reassigning addresses when there’s a conflict with offline vs. online devices. If you drop the address range below 60000 your problem will go away.

We should probably have a dialog popup and explain this when a device is encountered. This is a now a documented issue, but will not be fixed for the next release due to scheduling.