Our church has a BSS 8810 digital signal processor with a Mackie TT24 sound console. We have experienced numerous signal interruptions for as long as 10-15 seconds. The sound console indicates the presence of a signal but nothing to the amplifiers. Does this sound like a possible problem with the 8810 processor? Suggestions for troubleshooting would help.

DGlass    0
Our church has a BSS 8810 digital signal processor with a Mackie TT24 sound console.  We have experienced numerous signal interruptions for as long as 10-15 seconds.  The sound console indicates the presence of a signal but nothing to the amplifiers.  Does this sound like a possible problem with the 8810 processor?  Suggestions for troubleshooting would help.

3959[/snapback]

Is this a PS-8810 or an 8810C CobraNet unit?

Does the front display panel change during the audio drop out?

If so what does it display or do?

Our church has a BSS 8810 digital signal processor with a Mackie TT24 sound console.  We have experienced numerous signal interruptions for as long as 10-15 seconds.  The sound console indicates the presence of a signal but nothing to the amplifiers.  Does this sound like a possible problem with the 8810 processor?  Suggestions for troubleshooting would help.

3959[/snapback]

The unit is a PS-8810. It is not an 8810 CobraNet. The unit is mounted in an equipment rack in a separate room. I am unable to view the front panel when the problem arises. Are there error codes that I can access via. IQ WIC software? Thanks for your help.

DGlass    0

3959[/snapback]

The unit is a PS-8810. It is not an 8810 CobraNet. The unit is mounted in an equipment rack in a separate room. I am unable to view the front panel when the problem arises. Are there error codes that I can access via. IQ WIC software? Thanks for your help.

3974[/snapback]

It would probably display an "Ex" error code. Where "x" would be a number. Under certain conditions it may even be rebooting after display of the error code and that would display "sh1" than "sh2" than "sh3" and then "sh4" as the 4 SHARC processors reboot.

If any of these condition happen the unit would have to come in for repair as there is nothing you could do to service it.