Sign in to follow this  
dolores

buzz on crown dc300a

dolores    0

just got a crown dc300a, hooked it up and got some serious buzz coming out of my speakers (urei 813b). as soon as i hit the powerswitch it starts, volume level on the amp doesn't change the level of the buzz, neither does unplugging the input signal.

any ideas what that could be?

thanks

mtarr    0
just got a crown dc300a, hooked it up and got some serious buzz coming out of my speakers (urei 813b). as soon as i hit the powerswitch it starts, volume level on the amp doesn't change the level of the buzz, neither does unplugging the input signal.

thanks

3649[/snapback]

Dolores,

I just fixed my amp, same symptoms. I changed C4 and C5.

-Morty

dolores    0

thanks

3649[/snapback]

Dolores,

-Morty

3723[/snapback]

this is a little beyond my comprehension. what is c4 and c5?

thanks

Stephane    0

Capacitor number 4 and 5(C4,C5) if you look on your electronic schematic of your amplifier,C4 is a 10 mfd 160 volts and C5 is a 10 mfd 50 volts vertical. Good luck.

thanks

3649[/snapback]

Dolores,

-Morty

3723[/snapback]

this is a little beyond my comprehension. what is c4 and c5?

thanks

3782[/snapback]

joust    0

I don't know if this will help, but I had this DC300 with low volume buzz that I couldn't remove. A local tech advised me to replace the micas isolators on the output devices. Lo and behold! the buzz disappeared! :D