msharp

xti 4000 vs ce 4000

msharp    0

Sell me one over the other.

Iv'e read the specs on both, they have nice features.

I own a ce 4000. I need another amp.

I will not settle for any less quality than the ce 4000.

( I know Crown is quality, Iv'e owned them for 14 years. This will be my 5th one)

desicions desicions which one to buy???????????

ps... there's not many CE 4000's left.....

DGlass    0

Let's see. How is this for a sales pitch?

Reviewing the Features:

*The XTi4000 weighs 17 lbs. The CE4000 weighs is 33 lbs.

*The Xti4000 is 2 rack spaces high. The CE4000 is three rack spaces.

*The Xti4000 is 12.25 inches deep. The CE4000 is 16.25 inches deep.

*The Xti4000 has onboard DSP for crossovers/filters etc. The CE4000 doesn't.

*The Xti4000 can be set up with custom a x-over and/or filters via the USB connection and software. The CE4000 has two switches with three choices for lowpass and four choices for highpass filters.

The Xt4000 has a front panel LCD display to let you know what mode and/or preset the amp is in. The CE4000 has no option for this.

*The Xti4000 has XLR input Loop Through/Daisy Chain The CE4000 doesn't.

*The Xti4000 8/4/2 ohm power ratings are 2400/3200/650 watts and the CE4000 ratings are 2400/2800/600 watts.

*The Xti4000 has an input "Y" mode. The CE4000 doesn't

*The Xti4000 has a Bridge-Sub mode with a lowpass filter of 90 hz. The CE4000 has no

*The Xti400 has output level indicators as well as Signal Presence Indicator. The CE4000 only has a Signal Presence Indicator.

*The Xti4000 lists for $1591.00. The CE4000 list price is $2079.00.

*The Xti series was designed to replace the shortly to be discontinued CEseries.

*We have already been getting good reviews on the Xti series in this forum from people that have purchased them already.

msharp    0

"The Xti4000 lists for $1591.00. The CE4000 list price is $2079.00."

This is why I'm wondering - $488 less - I need at least the Quality of the Ce 4000.

I'll buy if it's equal quality.

(When is the new software coming out?)

"The Xti4000 lists for $1591.00. The CE4000 list price is $2079.00."

This is why I'm wondering - $488 less - I need at least the Quality of the Ce 4000.

I'll buy if it's equal quality.

(When is the new software coming out?)

3521[/snapback]

I recently purchased two (2) XTi 4000 amps, and like you I was curious about the performance and sound quality compared to the CE 4000. I own numerous Macro-Tech's, K2's, and CE series amps.

I compared the XTi, and CE together this weekend. I ran a small system using a DBX 260 for processing.

I am very impressed with the sound, and performance of the XTi amp. In my opinion the XTi 4000 has a great audio quality. I had no trouble obtaining the required SPL for the show.

The on-board DSP is a great feature. I will be happy when the software is released so I can access all the features of the DSP inside the XTi 4000. I have ran systems using I-Tech's and love the DSP of that series of amps.

You will not be disappointed with the XTi series.

Ted

I own numerous Macro-Tech's, K2's, and CE series amps.

Hi Ted:

How would you compare the XTi4000 to the MA2400?

3559[/snapback]

Both are fantastic amps. The MA 2400 & MA 2402 amps have a characteristic all there own. As well as all the Macro-Tech series. To me, the MA series have a great "warm" sound. And, I use the MA series for larger show productions.

A few great advantages to the XTi series is the amount of current needed for operation is greatly reduced compared to the MA series, plus the on-board DSP is a helpful tool for setting up systems. And obviously, the price.

The XTi series has a clean, accurate sound. With plenty of power.

It's like comparing analog to digital recording. I like both formats, but every application requires certain tools to accomplish the result.

All in all, I have found NO disappointing features with the XTi series and once the software is available, that will be an asset. I plan to purchase more in the near future.

Ted

wgoldberger    0

Thanks Ted for your reply.

After using a MA2400 for 13 years I'm finally thinking of getting the lighter XTi4000 amp. I just hope that it will give me the same clean tight punch as the MA, in "full range" operations.

Thanks again,

Wolf