• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ewnowak

Contact Methods

  • ICQ
  1. Where can I get a replacement faceplate for my Crown K2 amplifier? How expensive are they?
  2. "Hi, If you are trying to go from a RCA plug to a 1/4" Stereo or TRS plug it should be rather easy to make. I would buy some Microphone 2 conductor Shielded cable. Solder up the RCA end with Shield to Ground and Insert both single conductors into the Tip of the RCA plug then at the TRS 1/4" plug solder shield to Shield (ground) then the 2 conductors at the 1/4" plug one will go to the Tip and one will go to the Ring. However, going from home stereo equipment to Pro Audio equipment sometimes likes to create a nasty Hum. There are posts here and elsewhere about this subject. If so, maybe something like the Art Cleanbox will help. I'd do a Search on that unit and see what you find. You could make up the cable that I described in less than a half hour and for $5.00 to$10.00, and give it a try. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Bud" Hi Bud, Thanks for the info. The diagram at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....5&post7389165 is a little different than your description. Also, I'm going to look at a cable at http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2102954 that RadioShack sells that might do the trick. If all else fails I'll try the Art Cleanbox. Ed
  3. "Hello, do you want a balanced line, or just make a connection? To take an UNbalanced signal, no matter what the terminating end (RCA jack, XLR, .250 jack or plug) and make it a BALANCED line or signal the easiest and cheapest way is with an ART CleanBOX, stereo balanced/unbalanced converter( available at partsexpress.com) $49. Goes both ways too (balanced to unbalanced and has RCA and XLR inputs/ outputs. For .250 plugs rewire the plug or use an adapter (also available $4-5) Never seen a cable RCA to XLR but the adapter above will do the job, then just plug a guitar cord into it. Eugene @ jeenie67" Hi jeenie67, The picture shown at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....5&post7389165 tells the whole story.
  4. Where can I get an audio cable with a male unbalanced RCA jack at one end and a male balanced 1/4" jack at the other end? I need this to connect from the single subwoofer RCA output on my integrated receiver to the 1/4" input on a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. The output of the BFD (being used as an equalizer) will then go to the input on my Crown K2 amplifier. I spent over an hour on the internet trying to find something suitable and had no luck. Any info will be much appreciated.
  5. Crown K2

    I recently bought a used K2 on eBay and the top of the case is badly scratched up. What's the best way to "touchup" the paint job?