Microphone Technical Information
Technical Documents and Articles:
- Crown Technical Bulletin #3
Crown Guide to Connections for Wireless Microphone Applications
For CM-10E, GLM-100E, CM-311E, CM-311AE, CM-312E and CM-312AE microphones. (Acrobat .pdf file)
- Microphone Tech Note #4: Microphone Temperature Ranges (Acrobat .pdf file)
- Popless Microphone On-Off Switch
- Clear-Com Connections
Connecting a Crown Condenser Mic (such as a CM-311AHS) to a Clear-Com AB-100 Announcer's Console
- Affordable Mics for Your Home Studio (pdf file)
- The Single-Mic Technique for Music Reinforcement
- Microphone Techniques for High-Energy Praise and Worship Services
(from Technologies for Worship magazine, Nov/Dec 2003, 74K pdf format
- Training People How to Use Microphones
(from Technologies for Worship magazine, 74K pdf format
- Troubleshooting Mic Problems in Sound Reinforcement
(from Church and Worship Technology magazine, html format)
- AES Preprints
References to Crown's Audio Engineering Society preprints on microphones
- Surround miking with the SASS-P MKII stereo microphone (pdf file)
- Make a Surround SASS array
- "Virtual Person" Rig Holds Video Camera and Crown Surround Microphone Array (pdf file)
- Mic Maintenance
from Church and Worship Technology magazine, pdf format
Tech Made Simple Articles:
Clear explanations of Crown technical features, condensed to one page per topic.
- PZM (Pressure Zone Microphone) (41.7K pdf format)
- PCC (Phase Coherent Cardioid) (42.8K pdf format)
- Differoid (Differential Cardioid) (37.8K pdf format)
Mic Application Guides
- Free-Field Microphone Application Guide: Microphone primer and basic applications for Crown free-field mics: CM, GLM, and LM series. (Acrobat .pdf file)
- Boundary Microphone Application Guide: Boundary microphone theory and applications for Crown boundary microphones: MB, PCC and PZM series. Stereo recording with the SASS-P MKII.
- Houses of Worship Application Guide
- Schools Application Guide
- Security and Surveillance Application Guide
- Speech Sound Reinforcement Application Guide
- Teleconferencing and Distance Learning Application Guide
- Video Application Guide
- Live Sound Application Guide
- Studio Recording Application Guide
- Suggested Crown Microphone Models for Applications Applications in alphabetical order.
- Tip 1: Condenser vs Dynamic Microphones
- Tip 2: Microphone Polar Patterns
- Tip 3: Microphone Pickup Angle
- Tip 4: Microphone Performance in the Direct Sound Field
- Tip 5: Microphone Performance in the Reverberant Sound Field
- Tip 6: The 3 to 1 Rule
- Tip 7: Microphone Techniques for Lectern and Stage
- Microphone Frequently Asked Questions
- Microphone Knowledgebase
Many questions and answers, arranged by subject.
- Crown Forums (includes Microphone Forum).
- Crown Microphone Catalog
The microphone section of the Crown full-line catalog showcases Crown's complete line of microphones and includes a full listing of specifications and accessories.
- Crown microphone users
A list of celebrities who use Crown microphones.
- Mic Memo current and past issues: Crown's quarterly microphone newsletter about Crown microphones and their application.
- Microphone Warranty
- Spoof Microphone Data Sheet (BF-100 SUX) (Adobe Acrobat pdf format, 48K.)
(Wired vs. wireless, phantom power, dynamic vs. condenser, PZM vs. PCC, CM-30 vs. CM-31, LM-201 vs. LM-300A, prices, purchasing).
Crown Microphone Demo CD
A compact disc full of recordings made with Crown microphones.
Available free directly from Crown. Include $4.95 for shipping & handling.
Microphone Sensitivity Calculator Slide-Rule
Useful for deciphering various microphone sensitivity specifications and determining proper microphone usage.
Available free from Crown or your Crown Dealer.
Service for Crown Microphones, please contact AKG: