All Crown microphones are the condenser type (see above) and require power
to operate. Most operate on standard 12- to 48-volt phantom power
only, with the following exceptions:
- The Sound Grabber II only works with the internal AAA-type battery. Be sure it is new, otherwise the mic level
might be low.
- The PZM-185 works with the internal AAA-type battery or external phantom power.
- The head-worn CM-311A and CM-312A mics will work with the internal 9V battery or phantom power.
- The PZM-10LL is powered by 12 to 24 VDC.
- The PZM-11LL and PZM-11LLWR are powered by 12 to 24 VDC or phantom power.
- Crown mics designed for wireless transmitter use only (CM-311AE, CM-312AE and GLM-100E) use the bias voltage
supplied by the transmitter.