Crown Audio by Harman

Search:     Advanced search

What connector mates with a Sound Grabber II? How do I order the Sound Grabber II online?

I need to purchase a Sound Grabber II for recording classroom lessons. When I check my digital recorder tomorrow, how will I know if I have the right size mic connector? How do I order the Sound Grabber on line?

Reply: The Sound Grabber II has a 1/8" phone-plug connector, but is also supplied with a 1/4" phone-plug adapter. The digital recorder should have a 1/8" phone jack (also called 3.5mm or mini phone jack) or a 1/4" phone jack. Either one will work with the Sound Grabber II.

You can find dealers and prices for the Sound Grabber II online at

Most digital recorders record in stereo, but the Sound Grabber II is mono, so you will hear the Sound Grabber II recording in just one channel on playback. You might want to get a Y adapter from Radio Shack to record the mic on both channels. Part number 42-2156 is a 1/4" jack to two 1/4" plugs. Part number 42-2496 is a 1/8" jack to two 1/8" plugs.

The closer the mic is to the person speaking, the clearer the sound. So if you can put the mic on the lectern, or on a table or desk near the teacher, that will provide the clearest recordings.

Others in this Category
document Should I use a Sound Grabber or GLM-100 to mike a piano?
document How do I connect a PZM-185 or Sound Grabber II to my camcorder?
document How can I convert a Sound Grabber to be phantom powered?
document Why does my Sound Grabber have a low signal level?
document Where should I place a Sound Grabber at a wedding so the sound is not boomy?
document How can I record a rock-group demo with Sound Grabber mics?
document Can the Sound Grabber boundary be clear plastic?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work with a computer sound card?
document How can I power a Sound Grabber II from a sound card?
document How can I record a conference with a Sound Grabber II?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work to pick up students in a classroom?
document Is there a mic extension cable for the Sound Grabber II?
document PZM-185 output level vs. Sound Grabber II output level
document Miking flute recitals with flat floor mics
document Which Crown microphone has a connector that fits a mini digital camcorder?
document Sound Grabber II or PZM-185?