Crown Audio by Harman

Search:     Advanced search

Can the Sound Grabber boundary be clear plastic?

I bought two Sound Grabbers a while back and have used them several times to make some great sounding recordings. I've also used your PCC-160s for a theatrical production. They're both great. And I've A - B'd both models against conventional condenser mics, and it's no contest. The boundary mics take the cake, hands down. Extra gain , very natural, high quality sound. I was wondering what you'd think of making the Sound Grabber boundaries out of clear plastic rather than black, for those times when you'd prefer the mic wasn't visible, or at least not as visible.
Allan Coe

Reply: Thanks for the kind words; we're glad that the mics are working well for you. I like your idea of the clear plastic boundary. Actually, it's okay to remove the boundary and just place the Sound Grabber II directly on the surface -- it works the same.

Others in this Category
document Should I use a Sound Grabber or GLM-100 to mike a piano?
document How do I connect a PZM-185 or Sound Grabber II to my camcorder?
document How can I convert a Sound Grabber to be phantom powered?
document Why does my Sound Grabber have a low signal level?
document Where should I place a Sound Grabber at a wedding so the sound is not boomy?
document How can I record a rock-group demo with Sound Grabber mics?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work with a computer sound card?
document How can I power a Sound Grabber II from a sound card?
document How can I record a conference with a Sound Grabber II?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work to pick up students in a classroom?
document What connector mates with a Sound Grabber II? How do I order the Sound Grabber II online?
document Is there a mic extension cable for the Sound Grabber II?
document PZM-185 output level vs. Sound Grabber II output level
document Miking flute recitals with flat floor mics
document Which Crown microphone has a connector that fits a mini digital camcorder?
document Sound Grabber II or PZM-185?