Crown Audio by Harman

Search:     Advanced search

How can I convert a Sound Grabber to be phantom powered?

I have a PZM Sound Grabber (model 12SG) [now discontinued] and would like to convert it to phantom power . Is this possible?
Mike Streck

Reply: Here is a suggested circuit for phantom powering a Sound Grabber. You could cut off the mic cable connector and wire the cable to this circuit, or add a phone jack to the left side of the circuit. The voltage at the battery + terminal should be 3 to 9 volts. If it's too high, reduce the value of the 1K ohm resistor .  


Others in this Category
document Should I use a Sound Grabber or GLM-100 to mike a piano?
document How do I connect a PZM-185 or Sound Grabber II to my camcorder?
document Why does my Sound Grabber have a low signal level?
document Where should I place a Sound Grabber at a wedding so the sound is not boomy?
document How can I record a rock-group demo with Sound Grabber mics?
document Can the Sound Grabber boundary be clear plastic?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work with a computer sound card?
document How can I power a Sound Grabber II from a sound card?
document How can I record a conference with a Sound Grabber II?
document Will a Sound Grabber II work to pick up students in a classroom?
document What connector mates with a Sound Grabber II? How do I order the Sound Grabber II online?
document Is there a mic extension cable for the Sound Grabber II?
document PZM-185 output level vs. Sound Grabber II output level
document Miking flute recitals with flat floor mics
document Which Crown microphone has a connector that fits a mini digital camcorder?
document Sound Grabber II or PZM-185?