The Crown® PIP-USP4 is a 4th generation DSP-based PIP™ (Programmable Input Processor) input module for CTs Series two channel amplifiers. The USP4 connects to an Ethernet network allowing it to be remotely controlled and monitored via System Architect. In addition, the USP4 allows the transport of real-time digital audio via CobraNet™ or AES.
The USP4 is a HiQnet™ series component and connects to the audio control/monitor network using 100Mb* Ethernet hardware (switches, Network Interface Cards, and cables). The audio signal is available over the same 100Mb* Ethernet network, providing a simple to install, single plug solution for audio distribution, control, and monitoring.
The USP4's OMNIDRIVEHD™ processor gives the user an enormous amount of digital signal processing. LevelMAX™ limiters, proprietary FIR and IIR filters, audio routing, faders, meters, polarity & mute, compressors, delays, error reporting and load monitoring are all available. Built in noise and sine-wave generators provide noise masking and test capabilities. The enhanced AUX port allows users to interface with the USP4 to provide additional external control and monitoring.
Offering crisp clear sound and the widest dynamic range possible, the PIP-USP4 provides unprecedented power and flexibility in one compact – and very affordable – module.The USP4 can be installed in any CTs two channel amplifier.
The USP4 requires Harman Pro System Architect software. The System Architect software is available at hiqnet.harmanpro.com. For more details about the Crown PIPUSP4- CN, contact the Crown Technical Support Group at 800-342-6939 or 574-294-8200.
*Ethernet AVB version requires 1000Mb Ethernet hardware
- Ultra smooth processing by onboard high-definition BSS OMNIDRIVEHD DSP with 24-bit,192 kHz Analog Devices SHARC A/D and D/A converters and true 96 kHz processing
- World-class FIR and IIR filters
- LevelMAX™ peak, RMS and transducer thermal voltage power limiters combine for a smooth and accurate response, better sound, and higher usable SPL
- 100Mb Ethernet single-plug solution for CobraNet™ audio, and HiQnet™ control and monitoring
- Auto Standby for increased energy efficiency
- Multiple Input Options Include: Analog, CobraNet™, and AES3 Digital Audio
- Digital Audio On/Off Ramp allows users to send pre or post processed analog signal out of the module to adjacent amplifiers
- Amplifier output monitor using the Foldback control through either the CobraNet™
- SLM (Sweep Load Monitoring) with system-level diagnostics
- 64 assignable filters with 9 different filter types including all-pass filters
- Over 2 seconds of delay available per channel
- Input compressors for each channel
- Full error reporting
- Firmware upgrades via the network
- 25 user selectable presets
- Reliable FLASH memory backup of all parameters
- Three Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications (Effective May 1, 2011 when installed into a CTs Series amplifier the warranty is extended to five years.)
- Ambient Leveler senses the ambient sound level of a room via one if its loudspeakers
Balanced Audio Input Connector: Two three-pin removable barrier-strip connectors
Balanced Audio Output Connector: Two three-pin removable barrier-strip connectors
AES3/EBU Input Connector: One three-pin removable barrier-strip connectors
AUX Connector: Allows for connection of a contact closure input and output for control options.
Network Connector: One Ethernet, 100Mb connector for both control and CobraNet™ (Two Ethernet connectors on the AVB version)
Preset Indicator: Signals the number of the current preset, if active, by flashing a series of fl ashes equal to the current preset number.
Data Indicator: Flashes when the PIP-USP4 receives a valid command that is addressed to the PIP-USP4.
Reset/Preset Switch: Used to change presets, restore settings to factory default or restore all the presets to the factory defaults. During operations of the switch, the Data indicator flashes as an aid to the user.
Memory Backup: Non-volatile FLASH memory for backup of run-time parameters, presets, and program storage. Capable of greater than 10 year data retention and estimated 20+ year life-cycle.
Crown's Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty
Crown offers a Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty for every new Crown component – an unsurpassed industry standard. With this unprecedented No-Fault protection, your new Crown component is warranted to meet or exceed original specifications for the first three years of ownership. During this time, if your unit fails, or does not perform to original specifications, it will be repaired or replaced at our expense. About the only things not covered by this warranty are those losses normally covered by insurance and those caused by intentional abuse. And the coverage is transferable, should you sell your unit. See your authorized Crown dealer for full warranty disclosure and details. For customers outside of the USA, please contact your authorized Crown distributor for warranty information or call 574-294-8200.
For product availability and pricing please contact your local dealer.
Internal Controls: A Reset/Preset switch, accessible with a straightened paper clip through the PIP panel, selects the next user preset if pressed for less than 2 seconds, resets the PIP to preset "0" if pressed for more than 2 seconds.
Communications: 100Mb Fast Ethernet
Power Requirements (provided by the amplifier): +24VDC @ 350mA, –24VDC @ 30mA. < 8.7 Watts
Overall Audio Performance
Frequency Response: ±0.5dB from 20Hz to 20KHz
Dynamic Range: >110dB, 20Hz to 20KHz
THD + N: <0.03% 20Hz to 20KHz
Crosstalk: <60dB at 1KHz
Maximum Input Level: +20dBu
Common Mode Rejection: >70dB typical
Analog Out S/N: >110dB, 20Hz to 20KHz
Input/Output Monitor Accuracy: Typically ±1dB
Balanced Audio Connections
Input Impedance: Nominally 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
Maximum Input Level: + 20 dBu
Maximum Output Level: + 20 dBu