IQ8 & 2.03 - change preset offline?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Greg Longtin

Greg Longtin
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

Okay, maybe I'm missing the obvious.  How do I chage the preset when I'm working in IQ offline?

For that matter, the UI always shows preset 1 active, even though it isn't.

Hence, the only way to edit a preset is thru the shortcut menu, which brings about the next question.  can the defaults be posted somewhere on the forums or Crown web site?  Many of the filters show none default values, even though they aren't used.

Thanks,

Greg Longtin

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:54 AM

Presets are stored in the device and can be saved as part of the .wiq Dataframe file. When you recall a preset, and you are connected to the device, the software will querry the device to verify the "ACTIVE" preset number and name being used by the amplifier. When you are are not connected to the device the software has no way of knowing this information because it is not connected to the device.

If you are using a saved file offline, while not connected to the device, you will have to keep track of what preset has been recalled from the file. Offline recalling of a preset (from the preset tab windows) will recall the settings saved in the file for that preset onto your screen were you can make changes to it and resave it.

Since there is no preset information fedback from the amp to place in the GUI's recalled preset indicator you will need to mentally keep track of the current recalled preset when working with presets offline. However any information or changes made and saved via the GUI can be stored in the file.