1 reply to this topic

#1 marlo74

marlo74
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Hello Everyone,
I need some help here,
I have 2 IT-6000 Amps in my system. I am running both in stereo mode.  The first one is powering 2 JBL SRX 725 Speackers ( 1 on Each side) the other Amp is  powering 2 SRX 718 SUBs (1 on each side).
First Question:Where can I find DSP pre setups for these speakers. I looked everywhere but could not find them.  Can someone tell me how to setup my amps to get the best results and protect my speakers?
Second Question: I am thinking about buying 2 more SRX 725 speakers.  would my IT-6000 be able to support the four SRX 725 (2 on each side)? What is the down side?

#2 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(marlo74 @ May 24 2006, 03:16 AM)
Hello Everyone,
I need some help here,
I have 2 IT-6000 Amps in my system. I am running both in stereo mode.  The first one is powering 2 JBL SRX 725 Speackers ( 1 on Each side) the other Amp is  powering 2 SRX 718 SUBs (1 on each side).
First Question:Where can I find DSP pre setups for these speakers. I looked everywhere but could not find them.  Can someone tell me how to setup my amps to get the best results and protect my speakers?
Second Question: I am thinking about buying 2 more SRX 725 speakers.  would my IT-6000 be able to support the four SRX 725 (2 on each side)? What is the down side?
View Post

Same setup as ourselves.  No pre-sets for the I-Tech but you can mirror the spec's JBL provide for use with a driverack.

Specifically they are:

ITECH1 (Subs):

HPF @ 31.5Hz, Butterworth 18db/oct slope.
LPF @ 80Hz, Linkwitz-Reilly 24db/oct slope.

EQ:

+1.5db @ 75Hz, Q factor 3.41

Average power limiter set to 1600w on each channel, nominal impedence set to 4 ohms.

ITECH2 (725's):

HPF @ 90Hz, Linkwitz-Reilly 24db/oct slope.

no eq.

Average power limiter set to 1200w on each channel, nominal impedence set to 4 ohms.

I haven't been able to get advice from either JBL or Crown as to what the Peak Voltage limiter should be set to for these boxes, so as a result I don't use it sad.gif

You might also want to use the input compressor as a limiter to prevent the input signal going too high.  Setup for this isn't related to what speaker type you are using.  

As far as running 2 725's off one side of an ITECH6000 it's possible but not really advisable. The IT6000 gives 2500w into a 2 ohm load, so each box would get 1250w.  As they are rated at 1200w RMS, you'd be falling well short of the general rule of giving a speaker 1.5-->2 times it's RMS rating.  

Basically you'd have no headroom and essentially be underpowering the speakers.  Not a good idea.