4 replies to this topic

#1 fbtmaxx

fbtmaxx

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:00 PM

Hi smile.gif I would like to know what is the improvement in new xls series in comparison to the older xls ? Thank's and sorry for bad english
the more you give the more you have!

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

The new XLS D series

*Power specs were updated giving them more output power per model.
*Handles lower impedance loads better.
*New Front Panel look.
*Amps have Front Panel signal indicators
*Bridge-Mono switch was added to amps.
*XLS802 was added to the line.

I hope this helps. smile.gif

#3 fbtmaxx

fbtmaxx

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

Thank you Dglass smile.gif
the more you give the more you have!

#4 crackers8199

crackers8199
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(fbtmaxx @ May 22 2006, 09:47 PM)
View Post

If I were to order a new XLS-402D (the new 300W model), would I be able to install this in an amp rack that is 17" deep?  I saw that the manual says to leave two rack spaces above and below, but that won't be possible here (I don't have any additional rack spaces available)...I do know people that have had Crown amps stacked without this additional space, and haven't had any issues.  Will it be OK if I put it in a 17" deep rack with no space above or below it (a full rack)?

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(crackers8199 @ May 25 2006, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE(fbtmaxx @ May 22 2006, 09:47 PM)
View Post

If I were to order a new XLS-402D (the new 300W model), would I be able to install this in an amp rack that is 17" deep?  I saw that the manual says to leave two rack spaces above and below, but that won't be possible here (I don't have any additional rack spaces available)...I do know people that have had Crown amps stacked without this additional space, and haven't had any issues.  Will it be OK if I put it in a 17" deep rack with no space above or below it (a full rack)?
View Post

That should be fine with its internal fans if the back of the rack is open. The space above and below is a standard for installed closed rack mounting that nobody follows because most installs with multiple amps in the rack usually have (or should have) a rack ventilator fan.