• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaye32608

kaye32608
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hello,  
I am new to the forum.  Thanks for your help in advance.

One of my I-Tech 8000 amps has a crunchy, crackling noise in channel one only.  It worsens as the amp heats up (more use, more noise) and is independent of the input channel and attenuator.  There is also an underlying hum in the same channel.  The input can be disconnected and attenuator at -100 db without affected the volume of the noise.

Channel two is silent. No hum, no crackle/crunch.

It occurs with any speaker and with either a wired post connection or neutrik connector.

Program material or pink noise seems unaffected and otherwise clear.

Thanks again for your help.

Alex

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:32 PM

I can't say what might be making the the Itechs have the Snap, Crackle and Pop thing going on but it sounds like we need to service the amp.

#3 kaye32608

kaye32608
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(DGlass @ May 25 2006, 12:32 PM)
I can't say what might be making the the Itechs have the Snap, Crackle and Pop thing going on but it sounds like we need to service the amp.
View Post

The problem is intermittent.  I think it occurs when the fan is revved up.  Will it get tested at the higher temps when I send it in?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(kaye32608 @ May 26 2006, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ May 25 2006, 12:32 PM)
View Post

The problem is intermittent.  I think it occurs when the fan is revved up.  Will it get tested at the higher temps when I send it in?
View Post

They are usually load tested but you can specifically request it when filling out the description of the problem in the online SRA on our web site.