I-Tech 4000

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gonzo

gonzo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

The other night, when I was powering down my rack of I-Techs, my finger pressed the Menu/Exit button of the I-Tech 4000 by accident--that is, I was not intending to press the Menu/Exit button. The LCD screen then went blank. The back light for the LCD was still lit, but nothing was displayed. The usual Attenuation screen was gone. Pressing any combination of the 3 buttons does nothing. I tried power cycling the amp several times, but no change.  When powering up, the initial Crown screen was displayed for a few seconds, then the LCD goes blank.  

I was unable to check out if the amp was still operational because the console was already powered down. So, I don't know if it is still working.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Should I reset everything back to factory settings?  If so, how do I reset everything?   Will that restore the menu system screens to the LCD?  I have a show this next weekend so I am already starting to sweat--I hope I don't have to pull the amp out of the rack and send it back for repair. It only has about 20 hours of use on it.

Thanks,

-Andres

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(gonzo @ May 20 2006, 02:40 PM)
The other night, when I was powering down my rack of I-Techs, my finger pressed the Menu/Exit button of the I-Tech 4000 by accident--that is, I was not intending to press the Menu/Exit button. The LCD screen then went blank. The back light for the LCD was still lit, but nothing was displayed. The usual Attenuation screen was gone. Pressing any combination of the 3 buttons does nothing. I tried power cycling the amp several times, but no change.  When powering up, the initial Crown screen was displayed for a few seconds, then the LCD goes blank. 

I was unable to check out if the amp was still operational because the console was already powered down. So, I don't know if it is still working. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Should I reset everything back to factory settings?  If so, how do I reset everything?   Will that restore the menu system screens to the LCD?  I have a show this next weekend so I am already starting to sweat--I hope I don't have to pull the amp out of the rack and send it back for repair. It only has about 20 hours of use on it.

Thanks,

-Andres
View Post

I have never heard of the screen going blank because of pressing the Menu/Exit button and then to still be able to see the opening splash screen but nothing else is even more perplexing.

Try this first:

1) Power up the amp.

2) Depress the Menu/ Exit button once. (This will select the contrast settings window).

3) Turn one of the attenuator knobs clockwise. This will turn up the contrast.

33% is standard.

If that doesn't work you can try an amplifier reset but I can't guarantee anything.

Here is the procedure for resetting the amplifier to factory defaults

1) Shut off the amplifier,

2) Press and hold in the Preset Switch located on the back of the amplifier while powering it back up. This will require a medium size paper clip or small hex tool.

3) Both the Data and Preset LEDs will turn on steady.

4) After approximately 5 seconds, both the Data and Preset LEDs will go out. When the LEDs come back on release the Preset Switch.

5) Power cycle the amplifier and it should be set back to factory preset.

This doesn’t reset the IP or MAC address.

If this doesn't fix it we may have to service the unit.