xls 602 died on gig, need to send for repair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 mbmusic

mbmusic
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:52 AM

My Crown xls602 Shut down tonight on a gig. The sound cut out, I looked at my rack and noticed the "FAULT" was flickering. Then the unit shut down and would not power up again. It is now two hours later and the unit still won't power up. I can only assume the unit is fried. I need to get this repaired as soon as possible. It may still be under warrenty but I will send it in regardless. I tried resetting the breaker but still nothing. I been running this unit with two EV 300 watt speakers.

Please tell me if there is any thing else I should try or if I must send in for repair what is the fastest way to make it happen.
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike B

#2 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(mbmusic @ May 19 2006, 02:52 AM)
My Crown xls602 Shut down tonight on a gig. The sound cut out, I looked at my rack and noticed the "FAULT" was flickering. Then the unit shut down and would not power up again. It is now two hours later and the unit still won't power up. I can only assume the unit is fried. I need to get this repaired as soon as possible. It may still be under warrenty but I will send it in regardless. I tried resetting the breaker but still nothing. I been running this unit with two EV 300 watt speakers.

Please tell me if there is any thing else I should try or if I must send in for repair what is the fastest way to make it happen.
Your help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mike B
View Post

Hi Mike,
I feel your Pain!
Your best bet is to call Crown ASAP and ask for Tech Support.
They will ask for your Serial number and issue you a SRA, Service Return Authorization number.
Use the same box that the Amp came in, if you do not have the box, they can send you one.
They will email you a Return UPS label, print it out and take it to UPS, UPS will affix it to your box, and that's it.
This is of course if it is Under Warranty. If not you will have to pay for it all.
I would recommend that if your amp is about to expire it's Warranty, spend the roughly $135.00 and get the Extended Warranty for another 3 years.

I just sent my CE4000 in for Repair for the 3rd time in 2 years!
This is the second time my CE4000 has gone to Crown in Elkhart, Indiana.
It shipped out on Wednesday May 10th, it arrived at Crown on Monday May 15th and the Repair was completed on Thursday May 18th.
I just checked my SRA Status and saw this.
I should have it back next week.
Except for Ground Shipping dates falling around the weekends, that's not bad.
I never called and bugged Crown to rush Service, mainly in the hopes that Crown Service would really  take their time and go through the Amp and hopefully make this it's last journey home!

My Extended Warranty runs until 2010 and this will be a rough 4 more years, if I  will be doing this many more times!

So I repeat, BUY the Extended Warranty! Because Sh_t happens!
My XS900 got the extra 3 years for free via a Crown promotion and has been (knock on wood) OK.
My CE2000 has been in for Repair once to the local Crown Authorized Repair Facility and has worked fine ever since.
It's just my CE4000 that wants to be a pain!

You also have this option and you may live near a Crown Authorized Repair Facility.
You can check Crown's website under Support, for a Facility nearest you.
This would also be the quickest turn around for the amps repair!

Good Luck, hopefully you found some help in the middle of my ranting, LOL!

Later,
   Bud