New Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dembits

dembits
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

is anyone familiar with Samson speakers. I was considering purchasing two of these to replace my fried speakers until I can afford better ones. But I want to make sure that I will not just quickly fry these ones too. Shoud I go for this, or would it be better to get one JBL speaker and wait until I could afford the other one. The items that I am looking at are the Samson RS 15 and the JBL JRX 115.  They will be run by a XLS 602A amp.

#2 jgreg

jgreg
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(dembits @ May 18 2006, 06:59 PM)
is anyone familiar with Samson speakers. I was considering purchasing two of these to replace my fried speakers until I can afford better ones. But I want to make sure that I will not just quickly fry these ones too. Shoud I go for this, or would it be better to get one JBL speaker and wait until I could afford the other one. The items that I am looking at are the Samson RS 15 and the JBL JRX 115.  They will be run by a XLS 602A amp.
View Post

#3 jgreg

jgreg
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Get the JRX 115. I run these speakers and a DBX DriveRack PA and they sound great. The JRX 115 sound almost as good as my JRX 125. The DriveRack really does the job well if you find the right eq setting for it. I use a QSC PLX 3002 amp on them. I just bought the new Xti 4000 and are waiting for the firm ware from Crown. I use this amp for JRX 125 speakers and can't wait until I get the firm ware for it.