Crown CE 4000

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karel

Karel
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

Hi! I just got used CE 4000. When turn the amp on the fan is working right away, the same second. No fault light on... except that seems like the amp is working fine. Does somebody know, what is wrong? Or is that normal for CE 4000? I'm afraid to put the amp to the rack and use it...don't want damage it. Thank you very much for any advice!!! Karel

#2 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(Karel @ Apr 19 2006, 09:34 PM)
Hi! I just got used CE 4000. When turn the amp on the fan is working right away, the same second. No fault light on... except that seems like the amp is working fine. Does somebody know, what is wrong? Or is that normal for CE 4000? I'm afraid to put the amp to the rack and use it...don't want damage it. Thank you very much for any advice!!! Karel
View Post

Hi Karel,
I have a CE4000 and I just went to turn it on, though I was sure that the fan always came on.
At power on the fan comes on strong and then slows down, but does stay on at a Low setting.
The red lights blink about a dozen times as well and then go out and that is when I turn up the knobs.
During usage the fan is proportional as to the heat value, meaning it will speed up and slow down.
My CE4000 is set to Bridged mode, but I believe it does the same thing in per channel as well.

I hope that this helps.

Are you having any troubles with the amp?

Bud

#3 Karel

Karel
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(Bud Bolf @ Apr 20 2006, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE(Karel @ Apr 19 2006, 09:34 PM)
View Post

Hi Karel,
I have a CE4000 and I just went to turn it on, though I was sure that the fan always came on.
At power on the fan comes on strong and then slows down, but does stay on at a Low setting.
The red lights blink about a dozen times as well and then go out and that is when I turn up the knobs.
During usage the fan is proportional as to the heat value, meaning it will speed up and slow down.
My CE4000 is set to Bridged mode, but I believe it does the same thing in per channel as well.

I hope that this helps.

Are you having any troubles with the amp?

Bud
View Post

Bud! THANK YOU! Now I feel better! No sir..no problem at all..I think, that the CE 4000 is very good one...I have some CE 2000 and Ce 1000 as well..I just love them all.They never let me down. For a very small potato sound guy like me these amps are probably too good! Take care! Karel