#1 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

I want to buy these components.
And I don`t know that they work perfectly togeather . I`ve read that the JBL JRX 125 speakers recomended power amplificaton is 500-1000 watts at 4 ohms so it sholud work  perfectly (I think). But still I`ve read in the forum that some coustumers had seriuos problems with the XLS 602. So that`s why i`m asking for your help that these componnetns will work perfecltly or not.

oh and one more question i`m not planning to buy a mixer (not yet), so I will have the full power of the amp, will the speakers be as loud as they should be????

PLS help

Thanks

#2 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:43 AM

But why are not willing to help me ? It`s this question to rude or something ???

#3 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:13 AM

I see this forum was created for nothing I can`t get any help from you.
At least tell me to buzz off but Nothing, blank, then why this forum is avaible ????
mad.gif  dry.gif  sad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

#4 Russ Lund

Russ Lund
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(Clubber @ Apr 16 2006, 10:19 AM)
I want to buy these components.
And I don`t know that they work perfectly togeather . I`ve read that the JBL JRX 125 speakers recomended power amplificaton is 500-1000 watts at 4 ohms so it sholud work  perfectly (I think). But still I`ve read in the forum that some coustumers had seriuos problems with the XLS 602. So that`s why i`m asking for your help that these componnetns will work perfecltly or not.

oh and one more question i`m not planning to buy a mixer (not yet), so I will have the full power of the amp, will the speakers be as loud as they should be????

PLS help

Thanks
View Post

Hey Clubber,There is nothing wrong with an XLS-602.I own one (just got it) and a 2 yr old 402.When I run em the last 2 hrs of a job at at 85% and they are fine.You have to remember that some people would rather push a Chevy that drive a Ford,which shows how biased some folks get about a certin item.I have used other products in the past with mixed results and I'm sure any Crown product might have a problem sometime or another.Their tech support and willingness to get the product straightened out in on par with the best in the industry.That 602 will drive those speakers fine, but I feel if you can get a little more power it wouldn't hurt

#5 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:34 AM

10X for replying
Yes I have in mid buying the xls 802 but, the problem is the buget.
And I have a question I`m not planning to buy a mixer yet (buget problem) but the amp  will have enough power without preamplification?? Because first I`m planning to link te PC to the amp directly.

#6 Russ Lund

Russ Lund
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(Clubber @ Apr 19 2006, 10:34 AM)
10X for replying
Yes I have in mid buying the xls 802 but, the problem is the buget.
And I have a question I`m not planning to buy a mixer yet (buget problem) but the amp  will have enough power without preamplification?? Because first I`m planning to link te PC to the amp directly.
View Post

I'm not sure of the output level of your PC's sound card.It will probably not enough to fully drive your amp. Get or build a cheap preamp/mixer to bind you over.Russ.

#7 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

And what kind of cheap pream mixer do you recomend  with in max 20 EU  smile.gif ?(it could have one channel, no crossfader, It could be Used just pream the sound) [that`s why i`m like this because I`m low on buget sad.gif ]

#8 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:39 AM

BEHRINGER EURORACK UB-502 I`ve found this, it`s just 45 eu. I know that you are probably loughting when wiewing the image  smile.gif ;But this would be good for preamplification ??

#9 Russ Lund

Russ Lund
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Clubber @ Apr 24 2006, 11:39 AM)
BEHRINGER EURORACK UB-502 I`ve found this, it`s just 45 eu. I know that you are probably loughting when wiewing the image  smile.gif ;But this would be good for preamplification ??
View Post

There you go.That would do the trick on an econo budget.Russ

#10 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:12 AM

Thanks smile.gif

#11 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Clubber @ Apr 19 2006, 06:13 AM)
I see this forum was created for nothing I can`t get any help from you.
At least tell me to buzz off but Nothing, blank, then why this forum is avaible ????
mad.gif  dry.gif  sad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
View Post

My apologies for the delay in responding but I was a way for a few weeks and it is taking me some time to get caught up with everything. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a forum and does not have someone constantly sitting around monitoring the forum. As a forum you post and wait for a responce it is not supposed to replace standard email and tech support phone calls - that have a higher priority. We endeavor to do the best we can to answer in a timely manor as time and resources allow. You may also notice that we sometimes let others answer (outside of Crown) as a peer rather than a totaly factory responce. A forum should take on a life of it's own and not be a Blogg of one person.
Again my apologies for our not answering your posting directly faster.

To link a PC directly to a computer you will need a device to bring the consumer output line-level of the PC card to a professional input line-level. This can be done with cost effective mixer like the Soundcraft Spirit "Notepad" or a special matching box like the Whirlwind "pcDI" the Rolls " MB-15" or the ART "Cleanbox". These devices will not only bring up the level but balance the inputs for direct plugin to a Professional amplifier.

#12 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for helping.
And I`m hoiping to buy the gear in a month.(as I`ve said I`m low on buget sad.gif )

#13 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:57 PM

Finnaly I`ve heav it  smile.gif after a lost of headacke but now it`s home  smile.gif.
So anny suggestions of housing right this gear to have a long life (2x JBL JRX 125; 1x Crown XLS 602; 1x Behringer UB-802)

10X for Harman Pro  cool.gif

#14 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Clubber @ May 22 2006, 04:57 PM)
Finnaly I`ve heav it  smile.gif after a lost of headacke but now it`s home  smile.gif.
So anny suggestions of housing right this gear to have a long life (2x JBL JRX 125; 1x Crown XLS 602; 1x Behringer UB-802)

10X for Harman Pro  cool.gif
View Post

Keep them clean, away from liquids and don't drop them from tall buildings.
Just Kidding. biggrin.gif
If you plan to set them up and leave them then you can put them pretty much any were as long as the amp can get air. If you plan to move them around any then a small rack to put everything into would be the best thing.

#15 Clubber

Clubber

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the advice.

But I've got  a question: When the amp clips than it masures that the speakers are overloaded or the amp?