2 replies to this topic

#1 jeenie67

jeenie67

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

Just wired up my new ART Clean Box. Made all my own cables from medical clear plastic tubings, Cat 5 Computer wire, XRL's, and RCA plugs. Followed the directions in the Crown Amplifiers in Depth papers for balanced, floating source with battery power. Unbelievable!  This little $50 box opened up the system, and quietly! Took the whole of an hour. Can't believe the VOLUME now attainable and CLEAN! Four interconnects (from the turntable to the pre-amp, to the Cleanbox to the Crown) complete and the box cost $85. For everyone I've been reading here, struggling with connection problems ...take note. Happy Holiday, Eugene @ jeenie67

#2 Bud Bolf

Bud Bolf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE(jeenie67 @ Apr 15 2006, 08:12 PM)
Just wired up my new ART Clean Box. Made all my own cables from medical clear plastic tubings, Cat 5 Computer wire, XRL's, and RCA plugs. Followed the directions in the Crown Amplifiers in Depth papers for balanced, floating source with battery power. Unbelievable!  This little $50 box opened up the system, and quietly! Took the whole of an hour. Can't believe the VOLUME now attainable and CLEAN! Four interconnects (from the turntable to the pre-amp, to the Cleanbox to the Crown) complete and the box cost $85. For everyone I've been reading here, struggling with connection problems ...take note. Happy Holiday, Eugene @ jeenie67
View Post

Hi Eugene,
Which Clean Box did you use?
This one: Clean Box

OR
This one: Clean Box ll

Thanks,
    Bud

#3 jeenie67

jeenie67

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Bud Bolf @ Apr 16 2006, 07:25 AM)
QUOTE(jeenie67 @ Apr 15 2006, 08:12 PM)
Just wired up my new ART Clean Box. Made all my own cables from medical clear plastic tubings, Cat 5 Computer wire, XRL's, and RCA plugs. Followed the directions in the Crown Amplifiers in Depth papers for balanced, floating source with battery power. Unbelievable!  This little $50 box opened up the system, and quietly! Took the whole of an hour. Can't believe the VOLUME now attainable and CLEAN! Four interconnects (from the turntable to the pre-amp, to the Cleanbox to the Crown) complete and the box cost $85. For everyone I've been reading here, struggling with connection problems ...take note. Happy Holiday, Eugene @ jeenie67
View Post

Hi Eugene,
Which Clean Box did you use?
This one: Clean Box

OR
This one: Clean Box ll

Thanks,
    Bud
View Post

Holla, purchased partsexpress # 245-868. It comes with a 12v power supply. The packaging makes no mention of "II".   jeenie67