Different models of CE 1000

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boomvan

boomvan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

I purchased a second CE 1000 amp. The two I have are different from each other, one is grey, one is black. They have different internals.
What is the difference between these two amps?

Each amp is driving a single 18" sub at 4 ohms mono for home theater use, one sub per amp. They each receive the same signal, but will I encounter any problems because of the differences in the amps?

Thanks,
Tim

#2 Karel

Karel
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(boomvan @ Apr 1 2006, 09:25 AM)
I purchased a second CE 1000 amp. The two I have are different from each other, one is grey, one is black. They have different internals.
What is the difference between these two amps?

Each amp is driving a single 18" sub at 4 ohms mono for home theater use, one sub per amp. They each receive the same signal, but will I encounter any problems because of the differences in the amps?

Thanks,
Tim
View Post

Hi! I have two CE 1000...same thing. Looks like they work the same, but one goes to clipping a little bit sooner. No big deal..its very little bit. but I'm curious too, I got both within a couple monts new from a store. Also i got some CE 2000 they look the same,they work the same and they go to clipping together at the same time, when I test them. Karel

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

Over time all products will go through certain changes. Parts become obsolete and are replaced with different ones requiring board changes etc. etc. etc. Basically, however they are still the same amp with the same specs. As for the color we decided to drop gray and only have black.  smile.gif