3 replies to this topic

#1 jeenie67

jeenie67

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

Need some info. Is this the Harmon of Harmon Kardon? The other three companies have been in and out of my life for the past 35 years. I've owned, borrowed,and had use of all and Never had a problem...just pure clean sound. I owned a Harmon Kardon mono receiver into a smaller Advent speaker(the original from Mass.), my first system?... 10 years ago when I was playing out a little I bought a DOD 4 channel mixer just for my guitars ( maple neck 80's strat, 60's SG Standard, 1948 Gibson lap steel, 50's Gretch Anniversary f-hole big box, and was trying to find a way to amplify my Alvarez acoustic with multi-mikes and a few FRAP's in and outside the body. Now at 52 years and in college full time; I'm back into playing and learning written music with the piano for coll. credits. It's old times with new toys. Wouldn't mind an answer....Tanx..Eugene

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

Eugene,
We are now part of Harman International. Digitech and DOD are all part of Harman music Group out of Sandy Utah with dbx. We are still in Elkhart indiana.

http://www.harman.com
Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

Yes, that would be the Harmon of Harmon Kardon fame - just the proaudio branch. biggrin.gif

#4 jeenie67

jeenie67

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Mar 23 2006, 03:06 PM)
Yes, that would be the Harmon of Harmon Kardon fame - just the proaudio branch. biggrin.gif
View Post

This is a nice place to visit. This is home...this is how I grew up in music. The tech support is knowledgeable; answering in user friendly language, and the tech manuals and guides have been an asset to my furthering education in audio research. Building a small acoustic only recording studio.......look out! Sorry about owning and loving my two pairs of Altec vintage speakers...but four out of five is good! Maybe someday a pair of JBL 1620's? will cross my path (three way large box studio monitors)  Tanx again, Eugene