• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SunilK

SunilK
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi david,
      I've been having this eerie Problem with one of my Subwoofer Amplifier Rack  that contains 2 IT 4000's . One of the Amps periodically Lights up the Clip Indicator on Channel 1.
   We Faced this problem previously as well when the Dealer just changed the Amplifier.
So this is the second out of 20 Itechs facing the same problem.
This problem arises even when the Amplifier is Idle .with no signal present.
everything else seems ok except Channel 1 Fails to work

Chherz unsure.gif
Sunil.
Sound.Com.
India

#2 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE(SunilK @ Mar 17 2006, 07:47 PM)
Hi david,
      I've been having this eerie Problem with one of my Subwoofer Amplifier Rack  that contains 2 IT 4000's . One of the Amps periodically Lights up the Clip Indicator on Channel 1.
   We Faced this problem previously as well when the Dealer just changed the Amplifier.
So this is the second out of 20 Itechs facing the same problem.
This problem arises even when the Amplifier is Idle .with no signal present.
everything else seems ok except Channel 1 Fails to work

Chherz unsure.gif
Sunil.
Sound.Com.
India
View Post

Sunilk,

Hey.  We had a similar problem with one of our ITech 6000's, which I described in the post below:

http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=731

In the end we returned the amp to crown through our dealer and it came back a month or so later fully operational again.  Was a bit of a scary fault though!!

Hopefully we can get some more info I hope this isn't going to come up again for us.

regards,

Cathal.

#3 SunilK

SunilK
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hi, Cathal,

Well .. This seems to be a bit like the problem you faced ... I can see the Signal Led's Move when i apply an input but there is no output.
Besides the Clip indicator seems to have a mind of its own and flashes occasionally.. but the channel doesn't function.

Any Thoughts on this are welcome.

Sunil

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

I would say the amp should be looked at by us or one of our Certified Service Centers it's very hard to diagnose an issue without it on the bench to look at.

#5 though

though
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

i had the same problem w/ an IT6000.  had to have crown swap me with a working one.

#6 jaguar_om2003

jaguar_om2003
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

we had a similar problem with a 4000,
it showed the signal in but it produced no sound.
the worst thing that happened is that we were scheduled to play and were sound testing and the amp was fine, but then the breaker the amp was on gave up, so we shut down everythng and when we turned everything on again...wa-la, signal in, no sound what so ever.  We had to rush back to our place, and get a 6000 we had there.
We tested the amp the next day and it showed signal in, but produced no sound.
So next, we took it to a crown certified place and they held it there for a week and returned it to us working...the thing is they told us that they did absolutely nothing to it, that it had been working fine.  So we take it back...test it...and it is working...Next gig we're sound testing again and what do you know...the baby starts acting up again...signal in, NO sound.  Again we take it to the certified place and test it with them...signal in, No sond.  They held it there for about A MONTH AND A HALF  and they finally return it to us fully working.  Apperently, they tested everything, couldn't find the problem, called crown, crown said the main board on the amplifier was screwed up, so they replaced the main board, practically giving us back a different/new amp.  Since then, the amp has been fine, but the whole problem was deffinitly a pain in the rear.

If you noticed, i said we had a 6000, this amp was fine, have had no problems what so ever since purchase. I noticed one difference between the 4000 that was acting up and this amp, this 6000 had a more recent 'software' in it.  I believe the 4000 had the 1.2something and the 6000 has the 1.3something.  So perhaps the problems lie there, you should try upgrading the '----ware' , i can't tell you it will work but it's worth a try.

I wonder if you guys at crown have found that the early i-Techs have this problem, or if it is a factory problem, or whatever because i've been hearing about this problem from several i-Tech users.

#7 Nightvision

Nightvision
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(jaguar_om2003 @ Apr 8 2006, 12:53 AM)
the worst thing that happened is that we were scheduled to play and were sound testing and the amp was fine, but then the breaker the amp was on gave up, so we shut down everythng and when we turned everything on again...wa-la, signal in, no sound what so ever.  We had to rush back to our place, and get a 6000 we had there.
So next, we took it to a crown certified place and they held it there for a week and returned it to us working...the thing is they told us that they did absolutely nothing to it, that it had been working fine.  So we take it back...test it...and it is working...Next gig we're sound testing again and what do you know...the baby starts acting up again...signal in, NO sound.  Again we take it to the certified place and test it with them...signal in, No sond.  They held it there for about A MONTH AND A HALF  and they finally return it to us fully working.  Apperently, they tested everything, couldn't find the problem, called crown, crown said the main board on the amplifier was screwed up, so they replaced the main board, practically giving us back a different/new amp.  Since then, the amp has been fine, but the whole problem was deffinitly a pain in the rear.

If you noticed, i said we had a 6000, this amp was fine, have had no problems what so ever since purchase. I noticed one difference between the 4000 that was acting up and this amp, this 6000 had a more recent 'software' in it.  I believe the 4000 had the 1.2something and the 6000 has the 1.3something.  So perhaps the problems lie there, you should try upgrading the '----ware' , i can't tell you it will work but it's worth a try.

I wonder if you guys at crown have found that the early i-Techs have this problem, or if it is a factory problem, or whatever because i've been hearing about this problem from several i-Tech users.
View Post

#8 Nightvision

Nightvision
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(Nightvision @ Apr 14 2006, 01:55 AM)
the worst thing that happened is that we were scheduled to play and were sound testing and the amp was fine, but then the breaker the amp was on gave up, so we shut down everythng and when we turned everything on again...wa-la, signal in, no sound what so ever.  We had to rush back to our place, and get a 6000 we had there.
So next, we took it to a crown certified place and they held it there for a week and returned it to us working...the thing is they told us that they did absolutely nothing to it, that it had been working fine.  So we take it back...test it...and it is working...Next gig we're sound testing again and what do you know...the baby starts acting up again...signal in, NO sound.  Again we take it to the certified place and test it with them...signal in, No sond.  They held it there for about A MONTH AND A HALF  and they finally return it to us fully working.  Apperently, they tested everything, couldn't find the problem, called crown, crown said the main board on the amplifier was screwed up, so they replaced the main board, practically giving us back a different/new amp.  Since then, the amp has been fine, but the whole problem was deffinitly a pain in the rear.

If you noticed, i said we had a 6000, this amp was fine, have had no problems what so ever since purchase. I noticed one difference between the 4000 that was acting up and this amp, this 6000 had a more recent 'software' in it.  I believe the 4000 had the 1.2something and the 6000 has the 1.3something.  So perhaps the problems lie there, you should try upgrading the '----ware' , i can't tell you it will work but it's worth a try.

View Post

View Post

I have see alot of problems with the entire line.

#9 Nightvision

Nightvision
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Nightvision @ Apr 14 2006, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE(Nightvision @ Apr 14 2006, 01:55 AM)

View Post

View Post

I have see alot of problems with the entire line.
View Post

I think we need to get back to basics with amplifiers. I don't think any manufacturer has figured digital out completely yet.  The software is cool in alot of ways but, I think it interferes with the amplifier's operation. And if it is not reliable then what is the point of charging a customer $7000 For an amp that doesn't work. just my .02 cents.

#10 rezsbc

rezsbc

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:15 AM

I gotta say, despite having this problem on one of our amps, that the ITECH is the best amp I've ever come across.... there is no way I agree with you Nightvision!!

#11 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Nightvision & all,
This forum is not for bashing any products. Crowns or others it is for people looking for serious answers. If you have constructive comments please feel free to make them. Otherwise feel free to go to another forum and place personnel criticisms.
Nuf said.  mad.gif