Bad Flash w/ IT6000, now what?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 though

though
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:49 AM

i have 4 IT amps.  in the past, i have successfully upgraded all 4 twice.  tonight i tried to go to the latest firmware on the 1st of 4 amps and somewhere it went wrong.  when i power it up, the screen just says something about "waiting for tftp" or something like that.  when i try to use the tcp/ip utility, it says something about "no oif on file".

now what?  what's the procedure to get this baby back up and running?

#2 Robson

Robson

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(though @ Mar 12 2006, 04:49 AM)
i have 4 IT amps.  in the past, i have successfully upgraded all 4 twice.  tonight i tried to go to the latest firmware on the 1st of 4 amps and somewhere it went wrong.  when i power it up, the screen just says something about "waiting for tftp" or something like that.  when i try to use the tcp/ip utility, it says something about "no oif on file".

now what?  what's the procedure to get this baby back up and running?
View Post

Hi,
This happened to me the other day when doing the first (Screen) Upgrade on an IT4k. I just reloaded the screen firmware using the TCP IQ Utility software. Then loaded the main firmware, power cycled and no problems.

There is a readme in the 2.01 firmware file that explains which firmware to load and  in which order for the Itechs (there are 2 parts to it, the screen firmware is loaded first, then the main firmware)

*The “***No OIF file***” found statement indicates that the .oif control file used for that version of firmware was not found by the software so it doesn’t recognize the amp.
When you downloaded the firmware there was also included in the zip file a folder that contained the new .oif files. These files need to copied into the C:\Program Files\IQ Systems\IQwic directory.
(You will need at least the IQwic 8.0 software.)

Hope this helps

Rob

#3 though

though
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:28 PM

you're exactly right.  i put those .oif files in the specified directory and it worked first try.

thanks!

Hi,
This happened to me the other day when doing the first (Screen) Upgrade on an IT4k. I just reloaded the screen firmware using the TCP IQ Utility software. Then loaded the main firmware, power cycled and no problems.

There is a readme in the 2.01 firmware file that explains which firmware to load and  in which order for the Itechs (there are 2 parts to it, the screen firmware is loaded first, then the main firmware)

*The “***No OIF file***” found statement indicates that the .oif control file used for that version of firmware was not found by the software so it doesn’t recognize the amp.
When you downloaded the firmware there was also included in the zip file a folder that contained the new .oif files. These files need to copied into the C:\Program Files\IQ Systems\IQwic directory.
(You will need at least the IQwic 8.0 software.)

Hope this helps

Rob
View Post
[/quote]