• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jm822

Jm822
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:50 PM

Hello,

I have 2- D150a amps and would like to bridge each (one amp for each speaker) however I do not have instruction manuals and can not seem to find one to download on Crown's website.  Can anyone help me?   I have tried running the 2 positive spk outputs and it works. Either of the inputs work also. Is this correct? Does it matter which is positive and negative for the spk outputs?  Does it matter which input is used ?  Left or right.  What position should the stereo/ mono switch be on Stereo or Mono?  It seems to work on both.  Please advise me.  

Thanks

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Attached is a .pdf of the D150A manual pages related to Bridge-Mono setup of the amp. It is pretty much the same thing that is in the D150AsII manual (available from our web site) as the two amps were nearly the same except for some cosmetic difference

Bridge-Mono operation combines the two output stages of an amplifier and makes the amp a larger Mono amplifier were one side of the amplifier is being driven high (positive) while the other side is being driven low (negative) the same amount.

The Bridge-Mono switch routes the input signal from channel 1 to channel 2 bypassing the channel 2 input level control and only uses the channel 1 level control. The signal polarity is then reversed before being fed to the channel 2 side of the amplifier.

Bridge-Mono Mode takes both sides of the amplifier, combines them, and makes a bigger Mono (single channel) amplifier. To do this the speakers would have to be connected to the positive output terminal of channel 1 and the positive output of channel 2. If you were to measured the output voltage between the two positive outputs you would have twice the voltage output, as one channel would have, because you are referencing the negative to the other output side that is changing (with the signal) exactly opposite of the side that is pushing the signal.

Attached Files