MA VZ Amps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CHAMPION

CHAMPION
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

HI im new to this forum, and i have MA 3600vz, 5000vz and 5002vz amps,  are ther any upgrades on the amps, i mean internally, and how is the nest setup for the 5002vz amp to run on bass speaker, it has lots of featurres, i opened it up and found a list of options for different setups on bass, 50Hz or 60Hz etc.
can any assidt plz, i have all model in 240VAC 5oHz as i am in uk.
Thanks

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(CHAMPION @ Mar 4 2006, 07:23 PM)
HI im new to this forum, and i have MA 3600vz, 5000vz and 5002vz amps,  are ther any upgrades on the amps, i mean internally, and how is the nest setup for the 5002vz amp to run on bass speaker, it has lots of featurres, i opened it up and found a list of options for different setups on bass, 50Hz or 60Hz etc.
Thanks
View Post

Depending on the age of the amplifier, I would highly recommend refurbishing the units. That is, a complete wash and reapplication of thermal compound to the output devices, drivers, thermal sensors and the heatsinks. Then, a bias ajustment and ODEP test the amp for thermal resistance. Also, a refurbishing of the fan motor could increase the air circulation.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(CHAMPION @ Mar 4 2006, 07:23 PM)
HI im new to this forum, and i have MA 3600vz, 5000vz and 5002vz amps,  are ther any upgrades on the amps, i mean internally, and how is the nest setup for the 5002vz amp to run on bass speaker, it has lots of featurres, i opened it up and found a list of options for different setups on bass, 50Hz or 60Hz etc.
Thanks
View Post

The options inside the amp are for setting the amplifier up for different AC line voltages and frequencies internationally. If you bought the amplifier in the country you live in it is more than likely set up for the proper AC line voltage and would not need any internal modifications. If you are going to a different country that has different AC line voltage and frequency than the amplifier could be set up for there.