• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 keepitcool

keepitcool
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:25 PM

Hello,  

Sorry if this is a repeat question...New to this forum...did a search but couldn't find the info...  

I just received a K1 amp from ebay.  Working, sounding great in my studio....but the standby delay comes on quick...maybe after 4 or 5 seconds of no or low signal.  Can I lengthen this delay, or better yet...remove the standby function?

Thanks a bunch!!!

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

The Crown K series amplifiers are equipped with a Power Conservation circuit otherwise known as a Sleep Circuit. This circuit conserves energy when the amplifier is not in use. It also keeps the amplifier chassis cool when no work is being done. The amount of time on the original K1 and K2 amplifier to go into sleep mode was factory set to 6 seconds. If necessary this time can be extended up to approximately one minute.
I am attaching the Technote that describes this procedure.
NOTE: This procedure should be done by a qualified service technician as there are voltages inside the amplifier that can inflict severe pain and/or injury. sad.gif

Attached Files

#3 keepitcool

keepitcool
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:52 AM

Wow, very cool.  I'll have a look, this is MOST helpful!!!!!!
I can see this is important feature, just glad it can be lengthen a bit for Studio Use.

Thanks David!!!!!

#4 keepitcool

keepitcool
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:40 AM

Found a 470k ohm resistor at Radio S.... pulled the 82k out ...put in the 470k, now have 32 seconds of delayed standby!!  Very cool.  Thanks again for the info!    

(didn't know I had to get in through the bottom cover...!!  freakin' idiot!!!)