Building PA and monitor system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fourbassw

Fourbassw
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

My band is reorganizing (the guy with the PA left!), so we are building FOH and monitor systems pretty much from scratch.  I own a CE-1000, which I use in my bass rig, so I am partial to the CE-series. We want to start out with two amps, one for FOH and another for monitors and practice PA.  We will start out with a basic speaker setup (2 mains / 2 monitors) and add additional speakers and amps as finances allow.   I was thinking a CE 1000 for monitoring and a 2000 for the mains but any advice is welcome!

Questions are:
1)Can a CE-1000 safely drive in stereo a pair of 8-ohm, 275-watt RMS speakers, what about adding two more daisy-chained?
2)Same question for CE-2000.

Thanks for the help.  We aren't sound guys by a long shot!  tongue.gif

#2 guyofsound

guyofsound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Fourbassw @ Feb 14 2006, 03:01 PM)
My band is reorganizing (the guy with the PA left!), so we are building FOH and monitor systems pretty much from scratch.  I own a CE-1000, which I use in my bass rig, so I am partial to the CE-series. We want to start out with two amps, one for FOH and another for monitors and practice PA.  We will start out with a basic speaker setup (2 mains / 2 monitors) and add additional speakers and amps as finances allow.   I was thinking a CE 1000 for monitoring and a 2000 for the mains but any advice is welcome!

Questions are:
1)Can a CE-1000 safely drive in stereo a pair of 8-ohm, 275-watt RMS speakers, what about adding two more daisy-chained?
2)Same question for CE-2000.

Thanks for the help.  We aren't sound guys by a long shot!  tongue.gif
View Post

Your amp can handle running a speaker on each side, although I wouldn't buy anything that requires to much power.

If you buy speakers that are close to what the amps put out you will have a better chance of not blowing them up, because the amps will not be clipping trying to put out what the speaker needs.

I am sure you are on a budget so here are a couple of recommendations, Wharfedale pro makes some great speakers at reasonable prices, and Berhinger has decent stuff. You can contact Wharfedale at Wharfedalepro.com and find out a dealer near you. They have a double 15 and a 2" horn model in the Lx series that is only around $500 that sounds amazing, they also have the single 15 and 2" for around $300. The monitors by them are the same price.