8810 questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silhyboy

silhyboy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

I work out on a cruise ship and they had installed 8810's in a few of the rooms 6 months ago. Now they want to make small adjustments to them. Here's where my problems start.

1. As I am not 100% familiar with the 8810, I do understand that if my IQwin is not the same version as was used to install, when I connect up to the unit, it will erase the memory as it upgrades the software in the unit. Is this true?

2. I did get a hold of the original .wiq file for said unit, but when I try to open it in an offline mode, I get an error as it is looking for an ID and a .oif file that the company who did the install cannot find and thus will not open to allow offline changes. Obviously, if the answer to the first question is a true, can I use the .wiq file to update the unit after it erases the memory? If so, would the object info file (.oif) that I need be the BSS-8810 component that resides in the program or do I need something else from somewhere?

What am I doing wrong with this issue?

Paul Ramsay
Audio Tech

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

The “***No OIF file***” found statement indicates that the .oif control file used by the software for the version of firmware in that device was not found by the software so it doesn’t recognize the amp. Most likely the software is older than the firmware version so it doesn't recognize the device. You probably need to download the latest version of the software either IQ for windows 5.12 for the PS-8810 or IQwic8.0 for the PS-8810C (CobraNet/Ehternet version).