IQwic won't engage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikekahrs

mikekahrs
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

Single I-T6000 with ethernet crossover cable from amp to my XP laptop.  Workplace shows the one amp, and lets me change all sorts of parameters.  But, when I click on "engage", and answer two questions, "Include these components..."  and "Include presets..." in the affirmative, I still can't get the Master Control Panel to say "online".  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

When you say "Workplace shows the one amp, and lets me change all sorts of parameters...."
Do you mean from a file, you created, or from a fresh Roll Call/Componet Discovery? From a fresh roll call you should be able to do anything you want to the device and the changes are made immediately. Engaging takes the setting created in the Dataframe (on the computer) and applies it to the devices. Unless you are loading a file from the computer you do not need to Engage settings after making changes. If you are using a Dataframe file, you created, make sure the device has the proper addressing to match the device in the file otherwise when you try to engage the settings just go into the Ether.

The icon for the device on the Workplace screen does it have a Red or Green square light in the upper left corner? Green would indicate that the product is actually on line and the software is talking to it. If it is red and you are using a file you will need to match the devices address the file device’s address. This way when you select to Engage the file the setting will go tot the amp.

Also if in the devices control panel and you see the Active/Off Line indicator say the device is “Off Line” in red you are not talking to the device.

#3 dmitchell2k6

dmitchell2k6
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:19 AM

I have a flashing Green to red dot in the icon.
What is the next thing I need to do?
I need these to read today. I cant believe this is this complicated.
The program says it sees the iTech's but the fact is they are offline. I have prgrammed SoundWeb 's before uploading on those is simple.
PLEASE HELP ME
Dennis

QUOTE(DGlass @ Feb 1 2006, 12:14 PM)
When you say "Workplace shows the one amp, and lets me change all sorts of parameters...."
Do you mean from a file, you created, or from a fresh Roll Call/Componet Discovery? From a fresh roll call you should be able to do anything you want to the device and the changes are made immediately. Engaging takes the setting created in the Dataframe (on the computer) and applies it to the devices. Unless you are loading a file from the computer you do not need to Engage settings after making changes. If you are using a Dataframe file, you created, make sure the device has the proper addressing to match the device in the file otherwise when you try to engage the settings just go into the Ether.

The icon for the device on the Workplace screen does it have a Red or Green square light in the upper left corner? Green would indicate that the product is actually on line and the software is talking to it. If it is red and you are using a file you will need to match the devices address the file device’s address. This way when you select to Engage the file the setting will go tot the amp.

Also if in the devices control panel and you see the Active/Off Line indicator say the device is “Off Line” in red you are not talking to the device.
View Post

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:13 AM

If you have an online indicator that is going from green to red and the online indicator never goes to OnLine than there is a communications issue between the computer and the device. In this Off line mode you can make all the changes you want but they are not doing anything.

I would first verify that all the IP and Subnet addresses for the amplifier(s) are in the range of the computers IP and Subnet but that none of the devices (including the computer) have the same IP address.

Then make sure you have all the firewalls turned off. That not only includes the Microsoft Xp one but also any third party firewalls.

Verify you have communications then when you are connected and you are making changes they will be direct (live) to the device. If a device is online there is no need to engage settings after inputing them as they are already active. Engaging mainly has to do when you are opening a saved file or recalling a preset were you want to engage the file's settings into the devices active memory.