it-4000 & vrx 932

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 art

art
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

just bought 30k worth of jbl vrx932/918 and 25k worth of Crown it4000 only to find there are no presets available for my itech amps  i've been told by my rep (who is a great guy) jbl would call me to assist and "walk me through it" problrm is I dont have time for that if I did I would fire up my  good old hardware based HP spec analizer, BK 4011'S AND DO THE JOB MYSELF. I was told to use Driverack or minidrive settings but filter sets are not even close!!! I have used the 932 in passive and am very Impressed but have alot of shows comming up and would like to stear from F.O.H. not dips on cabs.
quick resolution needed.
I have been using Crown gear for over 20 years and have always felt I had the best pwr behind me and still feel that way! however I've always been an EV MT X-Array guy (crown powered of course) Jbl's vrx product sounded so good it swayed me for all my corporate type stuff. can anybody just send me the presets? If I do them myself will you pay me for them? (didn't think so!)

I dont mean to sound upset and realy am not, I love the product just need some real support quick dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif

#2 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE(art @ Jan 30 2006, 03:04 PM)
just bought 30k worth of jbl vrx932/918 and 25k worth of Crown it4000 only to find there are no presets available for my itech amps  i've been told by my rep (who is a great guy) jbl would call me to assist and "walk me through it" problrm is I dont have time for that if I did I would fire up my  good old hardware based HP spec analizer, BK 4011'S AND DO THE JOB MYSELF. I was told to use Driverack or minidrive settings but filter sets are not even close!!! I have used the 932 in passive and am very Impressed but have alot of shows comming up and would like to stear from F.O.H. not dips on cabs.
quick resolution needed.
I have been using Crown gear for over 20 years and have always felt I had the best pwr behind me and still feel that way! however I've always been an EV MT X-Array guy (crown powered of course) Jbl's vrx product sounded so good it swayed me for all my corporate type stuff. can anybody just send me the presets? If I do them myself will you pay me for them? (didn't think so!)

I dont mean to sound upset and realy am not, I love the product just need some real support quick dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif
View Post

I have a set of presets for VRX932, bi-amped on a IT4000/6000 (Highs and lows) and have the SRX equivalant for the VRX918s on an IT8000. Thats about as close as I have. Let me know if you are willing to go with these. if so, shoot me an e-mail. jeff@customaudiohawaii.com  cool.gif

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:37 AM

Currently the only settings that are available directly are for the JBL Ver-Tec system. Speaker tunings come to us from the Speaker manufactures -we do not produce them. Since they manufacture their speakers they would be responsible for what they say their speakers should be tuned to.  As more tunings become available from the manufactures they will be posted in this forum. Until that time you will need to ask JBL and the other speaker manufactures for settings for their speakers. The second option is to get the raw speaker tuning data from them and enter it into the I-Tech(s) with the IQwic/HiQnet software yourself. The third option is as you have already seen is to ask the forum if someone would share the tunings that they have already made.  smile.gif

Anyone else have VRX settings that they could help art with?

NOTE: Since the speaker manufacture(s) did not produce these third party files (made by others) Crown cannot take responsibility for the functionality of the file or the settings contained in these files.

#4 MichaelsAudio

MichaelsAudio
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

We just added 32 VRX-932 to our inventory and am using the I-Tech 6000s to drive them.  I downloaded the crossover parameters from the JBL Website and manually entered then into the I-Tech software.  All of the necessary filters were there at my disposal and the rig sounded great.  For Passive I just used the Butterworth 18db High Pass Filter at 48hz.  For Bi-amped, I copied over the settings that JBL provides for the DBX 480 system of crossovers.  These fit into the I-Tech parameters pretty closely with only some fudging on tenths of hertz.  I hope you get your rig up and happening.  These speakers work great for the right applications.     Michael Oliver - Production Strategies Inc, Sacramento, CA

#5 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(CustomKid @ Jan 30 2006, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE(art @ Jan 30 2006, 03:04 PM)
just bought 30k worth of jbl vrx932/918 and 25k worth of Crown it4000 only to find there are no presets available for my itech amps  i've been told by my rep (who is a great guy) jbl would call me to assist and "walk me through it" problrm is I dont have time for that if I did I would fire up my  good old hardware based HP spec analizer, BK 4011'S AND DO THE JOB MYSELF. I was told to use Driverack or minidrive settings but filter sets are not even close!!! I have used the 932 in passive and am very Impressed but have alot of shows comming up and would like to stear from F.O.H. not dips on cabs.
quick resolution needed.

I dont mean to sound upset and realy am not, I love the product just need some real support quick dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif
View Post

I have a set of presets for VRX932, bi-amped on a IT4000/6000 (Highs and lows) and have the SRX equivalant for the VRX918s on an IT8000. Thats about as close as I have. Let me know if you are willing to go with these. if so, shoot me an e-mail. jeff@customaudiohawaii.com  cool.gif
View Post

I've checked all my files. I also have 4 VRX 932LA bi-amped on a single IT6000. Let me know if this would help either. -Jeff

#6 Thomas R. Cox

Thomas R. Cox
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:23 AM

Art,
Here at AVT Chicago we use our 932's in passive for the most part.
We did the same thing that MichaelsAudio did for that condition.
Bi-Amped, howerver, the tunings from JBL for the BSS 366 sounded somewhat nicer to us, with no fudging at all. Just a matter of taste and of course venue.
Our systems never leave the hotels.
Best to ya
Tom

#7 mescada

mescada
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:41 PM

I there, I was browsing the forum today, saw your request, I have dsp files for VRX 932/918, made manually using JBL settings for the DBX Drive rack 4800, they have been working ok, I can send them if you want to give it a try, only for firmware 2.0 B

#8 gil2th

gil2th
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

sad.gif
QUOTE(mescada @ Feb 21 2006, 12:41 PM)
I there, I was browsing the forum today, saw your request, I have dsp files for VRX 932/918, made manually using JBL settings for the DBX Drive rack 4800, they have been working ok, I can send them if you want to give it a try, only for firmware 2.0 B
View Post

hI i'M dAVID I have the same problem with the VRX 932  and 918, could I have the presets you have my e-mail is xxxxxxx@xxxx. I'll appreciate your help some much!!. I have a concert next friday!! My system is new with I tech 6000. I don't know the firmware version yet thank you for your help.

Please do not post email addresses as this is an open forum and you may start getting things you don't want emailed to you. If you need to have something sent to you the forum offers an anonymous email you can use as well as personnel messages.
d.glass Crown Tech Support

#9 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:26 PM

I have just found out that JBL is supposed to have VRX settings in a download file for I-Techs on their web site at: http://www.jblpro.com/vrx/index.htm smile.gif