CE1000 Fault (both channels)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JFC

JFC
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

I purchased a used 1998 Crown CE1000 for our once a month, all volunteer, benefit concert series.   It worked great the first time we used it.  A month later at the next show, we couldnít get it to work (no output on either side).  The fault light is on for both channels.
I donít know if it is a coincidence so I will mention this:
We have 4 main speakers (2 on each side of the stage).  Prior to the second show we have always put all 4 speakers on our QSC amp and we fed 2 monitors using the crown with 2 separate inputs.  For the second show we decided to put the outer 2 on the QSC and inner 2 speakers on the Crown.  We went from one channel on the snake to the crown using a balanced splitter, (1)1/4Ē to (2)XLRs.  My sound guy assures me that it did not cause the problem, but I am throwing it out there because it was the only thing different from the show before.  
I have the schematic (by email from Crown).   I work at an Electrical Engineering firm.  There is a person or two familiar with schematics here.  Is there a shortcut for checking each of the 5 items that can cause the fault light to come on?  Of course I would love to check voltages on the top of the board and not have to remove it to check the bottom of the board.  Every dollar that I can save is a dollar that can go to one of our 3 charities for the year.
Sorry for the long post.  I am sure I left something out and should have left some other things out.   wink.gif   Robert

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:50 AM

Sorry no short cuts here unless you see something obviously burned.  huh.gif
If you need them the check out proceedures are in the CE Service Manual which available from our parts department.