#16 guyofsound

guyofsound

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(chris226 @ Jan 19 2006, 01:06 AM)
If you have a little $$$ to spend on your sound; I still recommend a BBE Sonic Maximizer(either the 362 or 482I.  The 482I has a newer/better processing chip, but the the 362 is better than nothing.)  My 482 is the best piece equipment I own.  Easy to hook up, easy to operate. 

Chris
View Post

The sonic maximizers are not what you would want or need they do nothing except add highs and lows to your signal, hense sucking the mid frequencies out of everything. If you want to blow speakers and hear your speakers fart go ahead and buy a sonic maximizer. They are tools used for certain things to try to fix a system is not using it as a tool.

#17 MichaelsAudio

MichaelsAudio
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

Although the BBE Unit is a solid audio effect unit, it is still just a unit that colors the sound of your system.  Have you thought about buying powered Subwoofers?  These come with Amplifiers and crossovers built into them which would allow you to power your mid/high boxes with your existing amp and still maintain a stereo image.  Your EQ unit could still control your overall sound and allow you to tune your rig to the room you are in on any given day.  I hate to write this down here, but "Mackie" actually makes a single 18" subwoofer that kicks *beep* for DJ rigs and I have a pair in service with our "C" rig here, which we use for all our DJ shows.     Michael Oliver - Prime Time Entertainment, Tracy, CA

#18 dembits

dembits
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(MichaelsAudio @ Feb 3 2006, 01:17 AM)
Although the BBE Unit is a solid audio effect unit, it is still just a unit that colors the sound of your system.  Have you thought about buying powered Subwoofers?  These come with Amplifiers and crossovers built into them which would allow you to power your mid/high boxes with your existing amp and still maintain a stereo image.  Your EQ unit could still control your overall sound and allow you to tune your rig to the room you are in on any given day.  I hate to write this down here, but "Mackie" actually makes a single 18" subwoofer that kicks *beep* for DJ rigs and I have a pair in service with our "C" rig here, which we use for all our DJ shows.     Michael Oliver - Prime Time Entertainment, Tracy, CA
View Post