XLS 602 Low volume/output

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bondo

Bondo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:50 PM

I know that a simliar question like this was just asked, but mine varies in a few ways.
I just bought my second xls 602 to power my extra set of speakers for my DJ business.
Long story short I rushed ordered this new amp, because my old amp (non crown) died on me and a need one for a gig in 2 days.
Well I was dJing one dance with my trusty 602 and I had my other DJ, Matt, DJing a second dance with the brand new 602.
Well the volume on the new 602 was very low. I didn't have a second mixer board for this other gig, but I did run an active EQ before the amp. I ran it from PC-EQ-Amp.  And I literally had to turn every bit of volume up and put up my EQ very high in order for it to even sound a little loud.
Now I am unsure if the PC's sound card has 1.75 volts output. But I do know that I ran the same set up the week before with a rented xls 402 and it sounded MUCH louder.

Any insight to this would be much appreciated,
Nathan

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Bondo @ Dec 21 2005, 11:50 PM)
I know that a simliar question like this was just asked, but mine varies in a few ways.
I just bought my second xls 602 to power my extra set of speakers for my DJ business.
Long story short I rushed ordered this new amp, because my old amp (non crown) died on me and a need one for a gig in 2 days.
Well I was dJing one dance with my trusty 602 and I had my other DJ, Matt, DJing a second dance with the brand new 602.
Well the volume on the new 602 was very low. I didn't have a second mixer board for this other gig, but I did run an active EQ before the amp. I ran it from PC-EQ-Amp.  And I literally had to turn every bit of volume up and put up my EQ very high in order for it to even sound a little loud.
Now I am unsure if the PC's sound card has 1.75 volts output. But I do know that I ran the same set up the week before with a rented xls 402 and it sounded MUCH louder.

Nathan

Since you have two setups and two amplifiers I would suggest you swap the amps and see if the issue follows the amplifier or if it is something ahead of the amp somewhere else in the system. If it stays with the amplifier than I would contact my dealer and get a replacement since it is brand new. smile.gif

#3 Bondo

Bondo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry if I didn't mention that. I have switched the amps betwenn setups and the New 602 is not as loud...not even close.

#4 Bondo

Bondo
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

I live in De Pere, WI 54115.
Could you please let me know where my nearest dealer would be and what I would have to do for the replacement.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Bondo @ Dec 25 2005, 05:05 PM)
I live in De Pere, WI 54115.
Could you please let me know where my nearest dealer would be and what I would have to do for the replacement.

An exchange would have to be done through the dealer you purchased the amplifier from or it could be sent in here for service by creating a Service Return Authorization (SRA) on line at: http://crownweb.crownintl.com/crownrma/

#6 Sunder

Sunder
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Bondo @ Dec 22 2005, 10:20 AM)
Well the volume on the new 602 was very low. I didn't have a second mixer board for this other gig, but I did run an active EQ before the amp. I ran it from PC-EQ-Amp.  And I literally had to turn every bit of volume up and put up my EQ very high in order for it to even sound a little loud.

Nathan

Hi Bondo,

What I feel is,

The Crown XLS series.... is mainly for the installs.... if at all you use for live.. you can only use thes for the HF ..
this is what my ....

Cheers,

Sunder.B.J