• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crystal sound

crystal sound
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:02 AM

Hello everybody,

we´re using 10pcs of IT4000 here in Germany (230V/50Hz).
All of them (and also all other IT-Amps we know from other rental companys)
are producing a high level of fan noise.
At first it´s a constant noise like a hum, after a few minutes it starts howling.
Absoluty anusable for small locations or vocals reinforcement.

No we tried (just for fun) at 110V Transformer and it´s that quiet you´re expect it from an amplifier like that. blink.gif
I don´t think that this phenomen is acceptable for an amplifier ist this range (of quality and price).

Do you have a solution for us? Except the permanent use of dozens of 110 transformers dry.gif

Greets
Alex

Crystal Sound

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:07 PM

Since you are in Germany and it will hard for us to get a look at your amplifiers I am going to recommend that you get at least one of the amps to "Audio Pro" the distributor there in Germany and have their Techs look the situation over and see what they say. We currently haven't heard of this situation.

#3 sander krouwel

sander krouwel
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(crystal sound @ Dec 13 2005, 09:02 AM)
Hello everybody,

we´re using 10pcs of IT4000 here in Germany (230V/50Hz).
All of them (and also all other IT-Amps we know from other rental companys)
are producing a high level of fan noise.
At first it´s a constant noise like a hum, after a few minutes it starts howling.
Absoluty anusable for small locations or vocals reinforcement.

No we tried (just for fun) at 110V Transformer and it´s that quiet you´re expect it from an amplifier like that. blink.gif
I don´t think that this phenomen is acceptable for an amplifier ist this range (of quality and price).

Do you have a solution for us? Except the permanent use of dozens of 110 transformers dry.gif

Greets
Alex

Crystal Sound
View Post

smile.gif

#4 sander krouwel

sander krouwel
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:16 AM

Hello there in Germany and America,

We use about 30 amps now (I-Techs 4000 and 8000's) and have had this problem with several 4000's. After contacting with our distributor we received some new amps and later new input boards for this amps. Then the problem was solved. We use the amps also in theatrical and corporate events and can't have the noise.

At Crown they know the problem.

Best regards,

Sander Krouwel

Road Produkties Audiovisueel
info@roadprodukties.nl
Holland

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(sander krouwel @ Dec 26 2005, 08:16 AM)
Hello there in Germany and America,

We use about 30 amps now (I-Techs 4000 and 8000's) and have had this problem with several 4000's. After contacting with our distributor we received some new amps and later new input boards for this amps. Then the problem was solved. We use the amps also in theatrical and corporate events and can't have the noise.

At Crown they know the problem.

Best regards,

Sander Krouwel

Road Produkties Audiovisueel
info@roadprodukties.nl
Holland
View Post

Your issue was unrelated and had to do with the input/USP-3T board module and firmware not with line voltage.