trouble with i-Tech 6000

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 yotam

yotam
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:37 AM

1. when i network IT6000 with my computer using IQwic 8.0.0.3, it is not detecting the amp.  
2. All the LED on the Amplifier are off except for the power, when i swith on my Amp.
3. the LED on the network connector is also not working.
4. i tried updating the firmware - holding both the knobs and restarting the maching, still nothing works.
5. is there any possibility i could reset the amplifier or firmware?
even fans don't turn on or any sound comes when i switch on, basically nothing is working.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:35 PM

I guess I will have to start out by asking if the amp has been like this right out of the box or if was it working and now isn't?
If it was working did someone try to do a firmware upgrade of something that failed?
Since you are in India you may need contact your distributor there if the amplifier needs to be serviced or looked at.

#3 yotam

yotam
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:31 AM

The amp was working before and now it is not. It happened after a live show. did not do any firmware upgrade.

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(yotam @ Dec 14 2005, 04:31 AM)
The amp was working before and now it is not. It happened after a live show. did not do any firmware upgrade.
View Post

With that information I would say your next step is to get the amplifeir to the distributor to be looked at.

#5 CustomKid

CustomKid
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

just out of curiosity, are you going to a network switch/hub, or are you going direct to your computer. If to a switch/hub, a normal ethernet cable will do fine. However if direct to a computer, a crossover cable would be necessary. Also in my experience, I have had to have both the computer and the amplifier set to the same network subnet and IP table, as well as be directed to the same router, even if one doesn't exist. Crown may be able to assist you in this, but hopefully some of this info helps you.

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(CustomKid @ Dec 18 2005, 01:39 AM)
just out of curiosity, are you going to a network switch/hub, or are you going direct to your computer. If to a switch/hub, a normal ethernet cable will do fine. However if direct to a computer, a crossover cable would be necessary. Also in my experience, I have had to have both the computer and the amplifier set to the same network subnet and IP table, as well as be directed to the same router, even if one doesn't exist. Crown may be able to assist you in this, but hopefully some of this info helps you.
View Post

CustomKid
From the description of the issues,Yotam gave, it does not appear to be a network or addressing issue as the amplifier appears to be just not working.

BTW: You should only use a network "Switch" not a "HUB" as there is a major difference between the two.
Also the Gateway Address used to direct to a Router should be left to all zeros (0.0.0.0) if there isn't a Router in the system. Putting an address in here could confuse things as the devices would be directing their communications to that IP address and there would be nothing there. smile.gif

#7 MichaelsAudio

MichaelsAudio
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:24 PM

I have a similar problem with an I-Tech 6000.  During the first week of use, this particular amp was in a rack as a "spare".  It originally fired up and I was able to input all the DSP parameters I needed initially, however after being "idle" for a day or so at a show, the unit went dark.  The front screen is dark and the amp does not respond to anything either from the front panel or through the network.  I-Qwik will not recognize this amp either.  When powered up the LCD screen lights for a second with the "Crown" screen then goes immediately black again.  With input to the amp there are no signal lights flickering and the "ready" light does not come on.  Do I need to box this up and send it back to my distributor?

Michael Oliver - Production Strategies Inc, Sacramento, CA

#8 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(MichaelsAudio @ Feb 13 2006, 01:24 PM)
I have a similar problem with an I-Tech 6000.  During the first week of use, this particular amp was in a rack as a "spare".  It originally fired up and I was able to input all the DSP parameters I needed initially, however after being "idle" for a day or so at a show, the unit went dark.  The front screen is dark and the amp does not respond to anything either from the front panel or through the network.  I-Qwik will not recognize this amp either.  When powered up the LCD screen lights for a second with the "Crown" screen then goes immediately black again.  With input to the amp there are no signal lights flickering and the "ready" light does not come on.  Do I need to box this up and send it back to my distributor?

Michael Oliver - Production Strategies Inc, Sacramento, CA
View Post

Michael,
Since you are not in another county you would not need to go to a Distributer.  biggrin.gif
However if you are not a Crown dealer then I would get back in touch with the Crown dealer you purchased it from, and have them contact one of us here at Crown Technical Support, as this is not normal for an I-Tech.