IQ network in a touring setup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dougabcd

dougabcd
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

My company is looking at new ITechs and would like to know if someone makes a network switch box that is more geared toward touring/production situations. Something that will mount in the back of a rack and use the neutrik ethercon connectors for instance. Thanks in advance.

Doug Hammel
Sunbelt Scenic Studios

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:59 PM

I don't know of any company making Heavy Duty Road Warrior type switches. However most of the reputable network component manufactures make good rack mounted switches. You might try Peak Audio's site as they have done a lot of research into switches for use with CobraNet.

http://www.peakaudio.com/

#3 jvalenzuela

jvalenzuela
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:00 AM

Take a look at Cisco's 2955 series of switches. Hardened for industrial applications. No Ethercons, but that can be fixed with a custom rack panel.

Jason Valenzuela

#4 bob

bob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

have look for wagner tools "ESU-205"
It is an 5 port Fast Ethernet Switch with Neutrik EtherCon RJ45.

For more information contact info@connex-online.de

Regards Bob

#5 Bradford Benn

Bradford Benn

Power User

• Admin
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:33 AM

I purchased an SMC router for home use and was very pleasantly surprised that it came with rack ears and is an all metal case. (SMC7008ABR Barricade Cable/DSL router with 8-port 10/100Mbps switch and Integrated Print Server) The main reason I got it was Standard Warranty : Lifetime Limited & Parts Warranty and Labor: Lifetime.

This post is not an endorsement, just wanted to let people know about the options.
-=Brad

Bradford Benn
Business Development Manager - Crown International
http://www.crownaudio.com/

#6 lambroffs

lambroffs

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

Woodhead Connectivity makes a line of ruggedized industrial ethernet products under the RJ-LYNXX brand that use waterproof, locking RJ45's.

#7 CVice

CVice

Administrator

• Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:35 AM

This one looks interesting too, but I don't know anything about it other than it's description on the website:
Develtech
Chris Vice
PR & Web Coordinator
Crown International

#8 CVice

CVice

Administrator

• Admin
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:43 AM

Well, it seems Develtech has just uploaded an all new website as of about an hour after I posted this link, and the new site doesn't include the Ethernet switch. We will probably look into whether this is still an available product, but in the meantime it may be safe to say this one isn't an option.

If we learn anything more about this product, we will post it here.
Chris Vice
PR & Web Coordinator
Crown International