crown ce2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skully01570

skully01570
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:51 PM

i have been a dj for a while and am now using the computer with power amp ce2000. i am noticing volume increase and decrease quite often during duration of song,would this be a problem with power amp , or sound card on pc.....also what should sensitivity on amp be set to.

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

From the discription it would be hard to say what is causing the issue. Have you tried a different source to the amplifier to see if it is the amp or something else?

#3 skully01570

skully01570
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

also am wondering about possibly running bridge mono mode but i am worried about blowing speakers .the speakers are yamaha c115v's 500 watt program 1000 watts max. when running bridge or stereo mode what should i set sensitivity setting to 1.4 or 26jb. i am using speakon from speakers to banana on amp also how would i hook up banana to posts,would that be red to red ..

#4 skully01570

skully01570
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

i should have been more specific when adressing the issue about pc , using computer and cd mix 1 -numark , master on cd mix 1 am using balanced xlr cables to xlr input on amp . cd 2 line on numark going to pc , if i disable using computer i just cant seem to see why sound quality is better,sounds fine when i play on pc but when i plug into amp most of mp3 files are like i said unstable volume in and out slightly but noticable could this have anything to do with sensitivity setting.

#5 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(skully01570 @ Nov 29 2005, 04:19 PM)
also am wondering about possibly running bridge mono mode but i am worried about blowing speakers .the speakers are yamaha c115v's 500 watt program 1000 watts max. when running bridge or stereo mode what should i set sensitivity setting to 1.4 or 26jb. i am using speakon from speakers to banana on amp also how would i hook up banana to posts,would that be red to red ..
View Post

In Bridge-Mono the two amp channels are combined to make one big Mono amp. The two speaker line conductors would be connected to the Channel 1 + (Red) and the Channel 2 + (Red) amplifier output terminals. (CH1+ being the positive for the speaker line and CH2+ being the negative for the speaker line)

You donít say the impedance of the speaker so I went to the manufactures site and found out they are 8-ohms each. Two of these boxes together would present a 1000 watt, 4-ohm load to an amplifier. The CE2000 in Bridge-Mono will do 1950 watts into a 4-ohm load. That is almost twice as much power as the speakers are rated and very close to the Peak Power rating. This would allow each speaker to be getting almost their Peak Power rating at full amplifier output. I wouldnít recommend Bridge-Mono in this case. They are better power matched with one per channel in two channel mode.

Input Sensitivity doesnít change because the ampís output mode is set for Bridge-Mono. I would leave it at 1.4 volts.