CEAS2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 psp_dj

psp_dj
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

Just bought a used CE-1000. Wanted to add CEAS2 onto the amplifier, wondering where i can buy the CEAS2 and have it professionally installed or if i can install it myself if it is not difficult. I live in San Francisco, CA.  I actually checked guitar center but unfortunately they are out of stock and it will take 4 weeks for the product to come in and i wanted this to be done ASAP.  If there any other alternates you can provide it would great.

Also does the fan for CE-1000 turn on when you power on the amp? or does it turn on only when in use? i tested it for 10 minutes and the fan never turned on at all.

Also since i bought this used am i still covered within crown's warranty? My S/N : 669482  9118.

thank you.

#2 1001US

1001US
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:15 AM

The fan only turns on when it gets hot. Otherwise, it won't turn on.

#3 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:55 PM

The fan in the CE 1000/2000 will only come on when needed.

All Crown amplifiers are covered under a three year warranty.  smile.gif One way to check the age of the amplifier, if you do not have the original bill of sale, is the date code on the serial number sticker. This is a four digit code were the inner two are the month of manufacture and the outer two digits are the year of manufacture. For example a date code of 0113 would be a manufacturing date of November 2003.

Just as an FYI an additional 3 years of warranty can be purchased from our parts department or your local dealer any time during the first three years of warranty. smile.gif

You might try one of our service centers in California. Our Service Center listing can be found on our web site at: http://www.crownintl.com/support/servcent.htm  smile.gif